Preparing your heirs to use your PM assets wisely

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Preparing your heirs to use your PM assets wisely

Postby nero12345 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Seen this on the old site and got me thinking about it again.

http://realcent.forumco.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16494

through procrastionation i've yet to do anything about this and everytime i find a roll of george V or VI it gets me thinking about my collection and hope my family wouldn't do this. think of the time and energy that goes into this for all of it to go to the bank. the sheer horror of it :cry: .
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Re: Preparing your heirs to use your PM assets wisely

Postby silverflake » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Whoa. I always thought I was prepared but this is one thing I really hadn't thought about. Educations and written instructions are extremely important. thanks so much again, this is why this site is so good.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:30 pm

A friend of mines grandpa passed awhile back, and atleast they knew what he had was silver, but most of it was numismatic and worth multiples of melt.... So yeah this is something to think about. Keep the numismatic stuff away from the bullion also, to keep it less confusing. Or in separate containers if its all stored in the same place...
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:14 pm

It's easy....
I've spent a lot of time explaining what "leverage" means. You don't sell it, spend it or trade it. It's called leverage and you "make things happen" with it. If you're smart and do your homework, you "make things happen" using the leverage and make a profit from it increasing your leverage power. That's life. Those are my simple instructions along with many history lessons.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby nero12345 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:39 pm

reddirtcoins wrote:It's easy....
I've spent a lot of time explaining what "leverage" means. You don't sell it, spend it or trade it. It's called leverage and you "make things happen" with it. If you're smart and do your homework, you "make things happen" using the leverage and make a profit from it increasing your leverage power. That's life. Those are my simple instructions along with many history lessons.

Ummm, thanks?
Silver and Gold
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:56 pm

did a CTU really sell for 189.00 in the old days?
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:10 pm

nero12345 wrote:
reddirtcoins wrote:It's easy....

Ummm, thanks?

Guess I should have said, That is what I tell my family.... :mrgreen:
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby kidman232 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:40 pm

im getting burried with mine
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Postby nero12345 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:19 pm

I thought this was strange. When Whitney Houston got buried they said on TV that she was wearing about 500 K worth of gold and jewelry. They forgot to add that it was all removed. My first thought was some nutter was gonna dig her up to get this only to find out it was all removed. Kidman's comment about being buried with his made me think of this.
Silver and Gold
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals