Where to buy 90% junk silver?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Where to buy 90% junk silver?

Postby DebtFreeMe » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:24 am

I'm going to stab myself in the face if I have to keep searching the internet...

Is there a distributor that can consistently supply 90% silver junk coins at spot without charging ridiculous shipping charges? I would like to look at buying at least monthly if not more often, and although I don't mind looking for bargains here and at other places, I would like to find a place that will offer me consistently good deals (I like many of the deals here, but they are not consistent), without feeling like I'm risking having my financial info stolen and having my bank account cleaned out...

Does anyone know of a wholesaler that can be trusted to deliver without being a used car salesman? This goes right along with the post on your word being your honor. I just want to buy silver at or just above spot without having to spend hours searching the entire world for a deal here or there...

Thanks...
DebtFreeMe
Penny Collector Member

Re: Where to buy 90% junk silver?

Postby theo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:03 am

I've used Apmex, but you have to make a fairly big purchase to get a reasonable price per ounce. I take it you don't have any decent coin stores in your area. What about flea markets or antique shops?

I used Ebay on and off for the last three years and had the coins sent to my P.O. box. The problem was that the postal employees there seemed to notice that I was getting coins. So I finally decided to shut that down last month. I'm probably being paranoid, but it seemed that I was leaving a little too much of a trail. I think I will stick to local cash deals for the time being.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Silver Addict » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:51 am

Why not just buy thru Ray (beaunderos)? He posts in the marketplace every weekend while the market is closed.
Silver Addict
Penny Collector Member

Postby PMLurker » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:36 am

Tulving. They sell 90% at under spot for dimes/quarters and at spot for halves.
PMLurker
Penny Sorter Member

Postby mbailey1234 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:40 am

PMLurker wrote:Tulving. They sell 90% at under spot for dimes/quarters and at spot for halves.

I agree that Tulving is about the best price and they ship free. Problem is you have to order like $1000 face at one time! Ray is the answer, he has always helped me out. ;)
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby strikeaxe » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:44 am

Silver Addict wrote:Why not just buy thru Ray (beaunderos)? He posts in the marketplace every weekend while the market is closed.

I second that Ray is a quality member that I would highly recommend.
America has become the NO DEPOSIT NO RETURN country.
strikeaxe
Penny Sorter Member

Postby baggerman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:29 am

Silver Addict wrote:Why not just buy thru Ray (beaunderos)? He posts in the marketplace every weekend while the market is closed.

Yep Ray is a stand up guy to deal with. You might also run an ad on your local Craigslist and see what you get (I have got some very good deals this way)
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Kutzy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:09 pm

Buy from Ray

/thread
I only ship within the USA. Any shipment to Canada or elsewhere must be worked out in advance.
I accept PayPal gift, check or money order as payment options.
Kutzy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:14 pm

Hey, hey - you all just STEP away from Ray, he's MY pusher... ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby twentybux » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:42 pm

68Camaro wrote:Hey, hey - you all just STEP away from Ray, he's MY pusher... ;)

+1 Yeah! What he said! Step off! :lol: :D
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Hades12 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Ray is great to work with.

I have a guy where I can buy at melt, down side is there is no telling what he will have. Have gotten a lot of Morgans for melt from him.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby tractorman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:24 pm

68Camaro wrote:Hey, hey - you all just STEP away from Ray, he's MY pusher... ;)

Its funny you say that. I just made a deal with Ray for some of his weekend silver. And for the 2nd time I ended up buying twice as much as I intended going in. I can't help it, I am a junkie. :lol:
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby MUTiger » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Buy from Ray or check your local pawn shop. I just got $15 FV for 24X this evening. 38¢ under melt. They also had a couple 10 oz NTR bars for $1.00 over spot. I refrained on them. Sometimes they have ASE for $3.00 over spot.

mutiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Postby slickeast » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:43 pm

Who is Ray? Lol

He is the guy. I hate when he posts because it takes all the will power I have to not buy.

You are going to have a hard time finding it cheaper.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby AlexTG » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:04 am

This year, rather than take a tax return. My wife and I just forwarded it to Ray and he sent us silver. It worked out nicely. Atleast that was the end result of my purchase from him ;-).
AlexTG
Penny Pincher Member

Postby GimmeSomeSilver » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:47 am

I have about $4000 worth of 90% I'm looking to get rid of shortly. Be on the look out for my posts! :)
GimmeSomeSilver
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:05 am

there are other folks here that have silver they want to sell from time to time. just post a WTB here. the silver price stops fluctuating on Friday at 4pm so a lot of folks wait til then and commit to a price over the weekend.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:20 pm

If Ray sells this weekend there should be some great prices
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals