I had to put the phone down and laugh!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

I had to put the phone down and laugh!!

Postby nero12345 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Ok so i've been running an ad to buy Canadian silver in the local paper for about 2 years now. I got a call from this lady today and she started by saying "I have 60 canadian Silver Dollars, what are you paying?" Before I could even answer she said " i want at least $11 for each of them, that fella at the pawn shop offered me $10 for them and i said no way. Will you pay $11." I said i had no problem with that price and wondered when we could meet. She told me she had a car and could meet me at a local coffie shop this evening. So before i got off the phone i said "so these are Pre 67' Dollar coins right?" She said yes. When i met her she just dumped the bag of them on the table. I started going through them and they were all pre 67'. There was actually 59 of them and i gave her $650 and called it even. She was thrilled, said her Dad had given her the coins 5 years ago and that they were worth a couple of hundred bucks. I just got them home and can't help but laugh. friggin awsome coins at a great price. i'm stoked. :D :D
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Re: I had to put the phone down and laugh!!

Postby JobIII » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Is that over 50% below the spot price? Crazy.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:14 pm

I'll give you 12 if you want to turn a quick profit. ;)
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Canadian authorities today reaffirmed that organized crime is infiltrating small Canadian towns in an elaborate attempt to hoodwink gullible silver buyers with purported pre-1967 Canadian dollars, but which are, in fact, exact copies of the coins which are fabricated in China and sell on the Internet for 59 cents each. Officials warn, that if you are approached and told, typically, that the seller received the coins several years ago from their father and was told they were worth a few hundred dollars, then you have most likely been chosen by an accomplished grifter as their mark, and they are targeting you for a quick score of cash for their counterfeit goods. According to Randall Quartrie of the Royal Canadian Mounties, a similar gang was taken down just last week in Vancouver, when local pawn shops complained that someone was outbidding them for the pieces. Please report suspicious activities to your local authorities. :?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:28 pm

beauanderos wrote:Canadian authorities today reaffirmed that organized crime is infiltrating small Canadian towns in an elaborate attempt to hoodwink gullible silver buyers with purported pre-1967 Canadian dollars, but which are, in fact, exact copies of the coins which are fabricated in China and sell on the Internet for 59 cents each. Officials warn, that if you are approached and told, typically, that the seller received the coins several years ago from their father and was told they were worth a few hundred dollars, then you have most likely been chosen by an accomplished grifter as their mark, and they are targeting you for a quick score of cash for their counterfeit goods. According to Randall Quartrie of the Royal Canadian Mounties, a similar gang was taken down just last week in Vancouver, when local pawn shops complained that someone was outbidding them for the pieces. Please report suspicious activities to your local authorities. :?

Oh boy...did you drop 'em and listen...or weigh them?
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby nero12345 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:39 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:
beauanderos wrote:Canadian authorities today reaffirmed that organized crime is infiltrating small Canadian towns in an elaborate attempt to hoodwink gullible silver buyers with purported pre-1967 Canadian dollars, but which are, in fact, exact copies of the coins which are fabricated in China and sell on the Internet for 59 cents each. Officials warn, that if you are approached and told, typically, that the seller received the coins several years ago from their father and was told they were worth a few hundred dollars, then you have most likely been chosen by an accomplished grifter as their mark, and they are targeting you for a quick score of cash for their counterfeit goods. According to Randall Quartrie of the Royal Canadian Mounties, a similar gang was taken down just last week in Vancouver, when local pawn shops complained that someone was outbidding them for the pieces. Please report suspicious activities to your local authorities. :?

Oh boy...did you drop 'em and listen...or weigh them?

no i sold them to ray, the heat was too much to handle :P . They weigh fine and sound good on the ear.Although Ray's story does sound similar to mine :o
Silver and Gold
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby Nickelmeister » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:34 pm

LOL! ;)
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby halfhunter » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:25 pm

You boys ain't right ! ! ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

HH
halfhunter
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Thogey » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:35 pm

I'll bet the pawn shop offered her $5.

She probably walked away from the deal thinking she really put the pipe to you..
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby JadeDragon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:26 am

I'm all for making a buck, but this borders on ripping the woman off. I would have offered her a fair price (sure less then spot) - and made a friend out of it. She might have more coins or friends with coins. Karma's a bitch. Just saying.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby nero12345 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:41 am

Right now I'm paying 15 times face for Canadian silver off the street. If she would have let me do my thing, this is what she would have got. I don't start low and move up. I take spot and minus 25% and that my price on a day to day basis. I believe the conversation lasted 30 seconds before she let me go, she was a little scatter brain. As far as ripping her off, I slept fine last night. As far as Karma goes, I slept fine last night. Keep your Karma to yourself bud.
Silver and Gold
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby BlackOut » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:23 am

JadeDragon wrote:I'm all for making a buck, but this borders on ripping the woman off. I would have offered her a fair price (sure less then spot) - and made a friend out of it. She might have more coins or friends with coins. Karma's a bitch. Just saying.

It would be different if he went in and hustled her for that price. She demanded that amount and he obliged, no fault of his, he did exactly what she wanted.
BlackOut
Penny Collector Member

Postby nero12345 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:52 am

BlackOut wrote:
JadeDragon wrote:I'm all for making a buck, but this borders on ripping the woman off. I would have offered her a fair price (sure less then spot) - and made a friend out of it. She might have more coins or friends with coins. Karma's a bitch. Just saying.

It would be different if he went in and hustled her for that price. She demanded that amount and he obliged, no fault of his, he did exactly what she wanted.

yes, Thank you. anyone who has dealt with me here knows i'm not a scammer.
Silver and Gold
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Later » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:06 am

id take that karma any day. way to score. keep stacking.
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Thogey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:30 am

If the buyer sets the price there's no rip-off. He just paid what she asked. Most of us score cheap PM's at garage sales all the time. Are we ripping people off?

Hell I've walked right up behind the all knowing, elderly-old widow and bought her, happily dead husband's coins from the bank teller at face.

They have these gold/silver buyer guys at the local Springhill Hotel this week.

Now those guys are crooks.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals