heading to orlando tommarow!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

heading to orlando tommarow!

Postby lance » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Any good banks down that way i could hit up? Im not moving there so be generous please lol
lance
Penny Collector Member

Re: heading to orlando tommarow!

Postby Know Common Cents » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:36 am

Don't know about any good banks there, but you'll need all the coin you can carry as there are tolls every couple of miles. I find it really irritating.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:49 am

Come often, and spend a lot - the tourist taxes and tolls keep my bills lower... ;)

The tolls are necessary because Florida didn't suck as much off the hind tit of the Federal government as did many other states, in building all the roads that the tourists need. :) Now, of course the Federales are broke, so if we want new roads we have to build them ourselves.

If you don't want to stop for tolls, get a sunpass transponder. There is an initial small investment, but it's worth it even if you are only going to be here a week.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby lance » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:22 pm

68Camaro wrote:Come often, and spend a lot - the tourist taxes and tolls keep my bills lower... ;)

The tolls are necessary because Florida didn't suck as much off the hind tit of the Federal government as did many other states, in building all the roads that the tourists need. :) Now, of course the Federales are broke, so if we want new roads we have to build them ourselves.

If you don't want to stop for tolls, get a sunpass transponder. There is an initial small investment, but it's worth it even if you are only going to be here a week.

Interesting....thanks! But you never answered my question...which banks are gold mines?! Lol....or should i say silver mines
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:25 pm

I don't do silver hunting, can't say. The couple of times I've tried I've gotten nuthing but skunks or someone else's dumps.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby agmoose » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:23 pm

68Camaro wrote:Come often, and spend a lot - the tourist taxes and tolls keep my bills lower... ;)

Yep, you forgot to mention the best rest areas/stops in the US due to the $$ the state generates as well.

As far as banks - ALOT of FL banks will ask if you are a customer, if not, they won't even consider selling the halves you can see in the teller tray. There are alot of silver searchers here......I gave up on bags/boxes a couple years back. I just hit up small town banks for loose and CWR. Good luck, have a safe/fun trip and leave lots of $$ behind.. :D
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby walt2727 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Ditto what 68 & AGM said.
But, don't give up on trying, you never know. We've got banks on every corner it seems like, and it only takes one!
Also, don't drive I4 during rush hour if you in a hurry to get somewhere.
walt2727
Penny Sorter Member

Postby lance » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:19 am

Thanks for the tips guys...a little off subject but do any of you local guys know of any hookups on universal studio tickets? Always lookin to save a dime ;)
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby agmoose » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:08 am

If you're military - you can either stop at a base and buy discount tix or ask at the window (not sure if they honor). Google is your friend also.....I'm sure you'll find something. Some hotels can help you out as well.....depends on where you're staying.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby walt2727 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Lance,
if you are a AAA member, they might give you a discount as well.
walt2727
Penny Sorter Member

Postby lance » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Awesoms thx guys...quick question....any good places to eat that are open late and semi affordable? Also..since im on here...any coins shops that sell for spot? Thx!
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby walt2727 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:34 pm

you can try Coins of the Realm in Winter Garden, he's usually around spot for 90% junk.
International Drive has gobs of places to eat, don't know about price though.
walt2727
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals