SILVER: anything like last April?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

SILVER: anything like last April?

Postby uthminsta » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:44 am

Do you think silver will perform anything like it did last April? Opinions please, and whatever research or explanation you might have, to back it up!
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: SILVER: anything like last April?

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:32 am

Silver's price is set every day by JP Morgan. Research and statistical analysis is a fool's errand waste of time.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:06 am

IdahoCopper wrote:Silver's price is set every day by JP Morgan. Research and statistical analysis is a fool's errand waste of time.

So I guess research JP Morgan then :) That would seem to be the ultimate insider knowledge :)

The price of silver *every day* is definitely open to manipulation, just like if I were to buy 1,000,000 shares of a stock valued at 0.01 (penny stock in other words) today that would SIGNIFIANTLY alter the price for a little while of that stock.

The silver price and the value of any company though can not be manipulated, so if you believe silver to be a smart purchase then buy it and wait for your exit price. Ignore the "day to day moves" unless that triggers your exit point.

It is impossible to manipulate the market beyond the true value of a stock or commodity in the long term. Long term, of course, may be longer than you want to wait :)
barrytrot

Postby nero12345 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:20 am

IdahoCopper wrote:Silver's price is set every day by JP Morgan. Research and statistical analysis is a fool's errand waste of time.

The numbers do get maniuplated i think we can all agree but the charts do give signs.
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby inflationhawk » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:23 am

nero12345 wrote:

The numbers do get maniuplated i think we can all agree but the charts do give signs.

75% of the time. So maybe we should just throw it out altogether?
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby uthminsta » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:29 am

Good thought. I don't want to get stuck selling silver for 75% of melt if it shoots up.
uthminsta

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:33 pm

inflationhawk wrote:
nero12345 wrote:

75% of the time. So maybe we should just throw it out altogether?

Here is Jon Nadler's response:

At 03:40 PM 3/17/2012, you wrote:
Suggestion:
If you believe the silver market is manipulated, you ought not ever buy a single ounce of it. You will never 'win' over Darth JPM Vader.

And my reply to that:
Suggestion:

Instead of posting articles full of misleading, phony statistics, try telling the truth. Or is that a death sentence via Darth JPM Vader?

Perhaps you would be better off by quitting your job, if you don't have the balls to tell the truth......and to stop lying with stats.

-------

No further reply from Mr. Nadler.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:59 am

Silver got another smackdown to 31.75 into the London open this morning. The question is whether it will follow the pattern from the last few days of a rally into the NYMEX open. If not, there could be some good buying opportunities today.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:16 am

Engineer wrote:Silver got another smackdown to 31.75 into the London open this morning. The question is whether it will follow the pattern from the last few days of a rally into the NYMEX open. If not, there could be some good buying opportunities today.

And tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that.

TPTB want it much lower and it's going lower. It's also moving (down) with the stock market.

Holding out for $25-27... that's when/where I starting loading more into the truck.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:23 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
Engineer wrote:Silver got another smackdown to 31.75 into the London open this morning. The question is whether it will follow the pattern from the last few days of a rally into the NYMEX open. If not, there could be some good buying opportunities today.

TPTB want it much lower and it's going lower. It's also moving (down) with the stock market.

Holding out for $25-27... that's when/where I starting loading more into the truck.

Under 27 happened about 1 month ago. Did you back up the truck? Or did you keep waiting?

It seems everyone is waiting for "just a little lower". That's not the way to invest. That's called gambling.

If you believe someone is good at a good price. Buy. Waiting and waiting will not make you any profit.
barrytrot

Postby Z00 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:35 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Holding out for $25-27... that's when/where I starting loading more into the truck.

At that point I am going to buy a bigger shovel. :mrgreen:
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:47 am

barrytrot wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

Under 27 happened about 1 month ago. Did you back up the truck? Or did you keep waiting?

It seems everyone is waiting for "just a little lower". That's not the way to invest. That's called gambling.

If you believe someone is good at a good price. Buy. Waiting and waiting will not make you any profit.

I've said that, or something similar, myself, so many times that I'm tired of saying it. We need to start a series of standard replies. Let's call this one standard reply #1, so in the future our post will just say "Standard reply #1".
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:54 am

barrytrot wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

I am not gambling. I started buying in 1985. I simply add more on large dips.

I've come very close to buying the bottom of every major dip over the last several years. I really don't need anymore Ag. I buy now because Ag is much better than having FRNs. Even if it doesn't go any lower, I'm quite happy with what I have.

You really know next to nothing about me and you assume way too much.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:12 am

barrytrot wrote:Under 27 happened about 1 month ago. Did you back up the truck? Or did you keep waiting? ...etc

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:You really know next to nothing about me and you assume way too much.

No, he's using what you said to make a point to the bigger audience. And it is a good point.
uthminsta

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:41 am

uthminsta wrote:
barrytrot wrote:Under 27 happened about 1 month ago. Did you back up the truck? Or did you keep waiting? ...etc

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:You really know next to nothing about me and you assume way too much.

No, he's using what you said to make a point to the bigger audience. And it is a good point.

No, it's ass-u-ming. And you are isolating things I'm saying re-assigning the context.

Anytime I mention it's going lower, people attack me. It's ridiculous how defensive some people in this forum are.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:03 pm

1. Friend, no one is attacking you. If you see it that way, that is unfortunate. Perhaps you are bringing something else from a previous conversation into this one, but I am reading both sides with a cool head, and I assure you... Barry is only trying to inform.

2. I'm not reassigning context. But yes, I *AM* isolating something you said because I am responding to it. If you're saying someone knows next to nothing about you, we can only gather from your words that you think his comment was only directed toward you.

3. Saying that I am "ass-u-ming" is akin to name calling. And I don't take kindly to it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think others would either.
uthminsta

Postby barrytrot » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:04 pm

CU Penny Hoarder,

uthminsta was right that my statement was primarily a broad statement about people that say, "I'll buy when X".

Your explanation of your own activity sounded reasonable to me.

I assume nothing and my statement was made based solely on your statement and needed no additional assumption.

And I don't care if you say it's going lower, higher, staying the same, and my statement didn't mention that.
barrytrot

Postby everything » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:05 pm

I'm seeing at least a few people who are waiting patiently, I don't have much of the patience myself. And, the standard replies, that is kind of a good idea, put them in a sticky at the top, and just save your breath/time/sanity posting.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:34 pm

barrytrot wrote:CU Penny Hoarder,

uthminsta was right that my statement was primarily a broad statement about people that say, "I'll buy when X".

Your explanation of your own activity sounded reasonable to me.

I assume nothing and my statement was made based solely on your statement and needed no additional assumption.

And I don't care if you say it's going lower, higher, staying the same, and my statement didn't mention that.

I had too much caffiene this morning. I apologize.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:36 pm

uthminsta wrote:1. Friend, no one is attacking you. If you see it that way, that is unfortunate. Perhaps you are bringing something else from a previous conversation into this one, but I am reading both sides with a cool head, and I assure you... Barry is only trying to inform.

2. I'm not reassigning context. But yes, I *AM* isolating something you said because I am responding to it. If you're saying someone knows next to nothing about you, we can only gather from your words that you think his comment was only directed toward you.

3. Saying that I am "ass-u-ming" is akin to name calling. And I don't take kindly to it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think others would either.

Again, I had too much caffeine this morning. I apologize.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:48 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Again, I had too much caffeine this morning. I apologize.

Haha, :shock: I :shock: think :shock: maybe :shock: I :shock: did :shock: too. :shock:
uthminsta

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals