Silver and Gold are both threatening to break key supports

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver and Gold are both threatening to break key suppor

Postby theo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:44 am

Gold and silver are still holding their supports nicely making the possibility of at least a short-term rally more likely. Of course any technical analysis quickly pales in importance when one considers that we have a central monetary authority that can create money at will and, therefore, regulate its value. In short we are looking at the largest price-fixing scheme in history folks.

- "Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason? For if it prosper, none dare call it Treason."

John Harington
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:51 pm

I hope that silver prices drop for a while, only so that we can afford to buy MORE :) Most of us are buy and hold types of people. I believe that precious metals will always be a great store of value, especially in the long term. Price drops? Buying opportunity!
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:53 pm

SilverDragon72 wrote:I hope that silver prices drop for a while, only so that we can afford to buy MORE :) Most of us are buy and hold types of people. I believe that precious metals will always be a great store of value, especially in the long term. Price drops? Buying opportunity!

If I had a nickel for each time someone here hoped that something THEY OWNED would drop in value I would be rich enough to buy all of Tulving's silver.

Naturally our hopes have less bearing on the price of silver than the flapping of a butterfly's wings have on the tides 5,000 miles away so it matters not, but it is a very odd point of view if analyzed for any time at all.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:01 pm

barrytrot wrote:
SilverDragon72 wrote:I hope that silver prices drop for a while, only so that we can afford to buy MORE :) Most of us are buy and hold types of people. I believe that precious metals will always be a great store of value, especially in the long term. Price drops? Buying opportunity!

If I had a nickel for each time someone here hoped that something THEY OWNED would drop in value I would be rich enough to buy all of Tulving's silver.

Naturally our hopes have less bearing on the price of silver than the flapping of a butterfly's wings have on the tides 5,000 miles away so it matters not, but it is a very odd point of view if analyzed for any time at all.

I have adopted a tactic which takes the stress out of silver trading. When silver is uptrending I sell a bit (figuring that it might get crushed again). If it keeps going higher, I'm happy, as my core position has benefitted. If it drops, I am happy, as I can congratulate myself on my wisdom and shop for a few bargains (I don't worry about short term damage to long term core holdings). If silver drops, I sell a little. If it continues to drop I am happy as it enables me to buy some .999 fracs a bit cheaper. If silver goes up after I've sold low... well then... hey, three out of four isn't bad! :lol: Moral of the story, "don't worry, be happy" Folks, we are watching HISTORY unfold. Get your preps ready and then sit back and enjoy the show. 8-)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals