Where is China investing?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Where is China investing?

Postby Cent1225 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:30 pm

I receive a daily investment newsletter. Here is a summary exerpt from some of today's news:

Lei Mu, executive director of China Development Bank International, recently told attendees at the Mines & Money conference: When asked in which countries and sectors his bank will invest during 2012… Lei Mu's answer was general… Eastern Europe, Latin America, and Africa are his favorite areas for investment. And he said he focuses on products China needs – precious metals, iron ore, coal, copper, and nickel.

Note the first item on the list of assets… precious metals!
Cent1225
Penny Collector Member

Re: Where is China investing?

Postby John_doe » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:35 pm

I know they WERE investing in italian bonds (which I think they have dumped), and more recently rare earths.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby everything » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:48 pm

In their people. They still have rare earth metals market cornered, or did.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby penny pretty » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:31 am

china controls the rare earths.they just allowed citizens to own PMs in 2011. the silver panda has a HUGE premium.they are also buying up farmland abroad to feed the population. a book has been out that I recommend- when china rules the world-it makes ya want to learn mandarin...
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals