garage sale finds

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

garage sale finds

Postby lance » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:17 am

Anyone ever found anything good in terms of coins? Im gonna start going and asking if they have any coins for sale...its obvious they are trying to make extra cash and they might not be out but possibly they have some inside they would be willing to sell? Ill keep everyone updated.
lance
Penny Collector Member

Re: garage sale finds

Postby My2Cents » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:34 am

That's always a wise move. If you're there, just ask. I've heard of a lot of people scoring some good deals... enough to make a 100% profit. Best of luck to you. Be sure to let us know how it turns out.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" Voltaire
My2Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Postby justoneguy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:18 pm

I found and bought some "cosmoline" 2 weeks ago.
Sold the cheaper norinco, for enough to keep the unmolested russian for free!!
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby rexmerdinus » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:36 pm

justoneguy wrote:I found and bought some "cosmoline" 2 weeks ago.
Sold the cheaper norinco, for enough to keep the unmolested russian for free!!

Nice! Being a gun dealer on the side, I find a good deal now and then, in addition to wholesale prices on just about everything. Not a big fan of the eastern bloc stuff myself, but they are oddly reliable, and free guns are (almost) always a good thing!
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby wagsthadog » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi there-

wow...'cosmoline' at a GARAGE sale? That's an interesting house, to be sure, lol. Sure it wasn't an estate sale? Actually, I like FAL's the best :)

wags
wagsthadog
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Chief » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:11 pm

9 days ago, last Saturday, I scored 136 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the packages for $250. So far I've tripled my money and still have 10 to sell. 20 of my most favorite ones from my childhood are staying with me.
I said at the beginning of the garage sale season I wanted to find sterling silver/12,14,18kt gold for cheap, and boy, I found some gold that day. :)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby lance » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Chief wrote:9 days ago, last Saturday, I scored 136 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the packages for $250. So far I've tripled my money and still have 10 to sell. 20 of my most favorite ones from my childhood are staying with me.
I said at the beginning of the garage sale season I wanted to find sterling silver/12,14,18kt gold for cheap, and boy, I found some gold that day. :)

Nice! I went to a auction yesterday and there was tons of tmnt and star wars toys...i couldnt believe how much some of that stuff sold for...
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby Chief » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:42 pm

lance wrote:
Chief wrote:9 days ago, last Saturday, I scored 136 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the packages for $250. So far I've tripled my money and still have 10 to sell. 20 of my most favorite ones from my childhood are staying with me.

Nice! I went to a auction yesterday and there was tons of tmnt and star wars toys...i couldnt believe how much some of that stuff sold for...

I sold 5 figures from the 1st movie on eBay Saturday. They sold for $50 each in a lot. When asked, the buyer told me they are worth $100 each!!! I made my money and the buyer got a deal. Win-Win! :D
Also, I was able to sell 100 or so of them at one time to a local dollar store/thrift store guy around my age for a quick dump of them, instead of piecing them out on eBay. With these sales, silver sorting, and the weather here recently, I've been having the best 9 days. I just hope Kansas wins tonight, and we'll be talking LEGENDARY!!!
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby lance » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Chief wrote:
lance wrote:

I sold 5 figures from the 1st movie on eBay Saturday. They sold for $50 each in a lot. When asked, the buyer told me they are worth $100 each!!! I made my money and the buyer got a deal. Win-Win! :D
Also, I was able to sell 100 or so of them at one time to a local dollar store/thrift store guy around my age for a quick dump of them, instead of piecing them out on eBay. With these sales, silver sorting, and the weather here recently, I've been having the best 9 days. I just hope Kansas wins tonight, and we'll be talking LEGENDARY!!!

Congrats! Its good to learn something new! Especially when it has to do with $!
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby Chief » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:26 pm

I don't know how I could lose with 136 in box, action figures for $250. I was able to come home to get the money and check the values on eBay. I was almost thinking, if something sounds too good to be true, it is, but this has worked out. Best of luck. :)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby wheeler_dealer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Got a Sterling silver necklace paid $5. Worth $20. By weight. Wore it home. I agree ask for coins, broken gold jewelry etc.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals