Nice Spike this Morning

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Nice Spike this Morning

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:27 am

I wonder what news caused the spike this morning?

- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Nice Spike this Morning

Postby Delawhere Jack » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:00 am

I've been wondering about that as well. Only thing I can come up with is that people are "buying the dip" after end of quarter liquidations last week.
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:44 am

Or perhaps the market is just correcting itself against the downward pressure of the manipulators.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:48 pm

90% of the time PM prices follow the rest of the stock market. Today was one of those days.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:51 pm

I expected a drop...which goes to show how good MY forecasting skills are.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Engineer wrote:I expected a drop...which goes to show how good MY forecasting skills are.

IMO, PMs will drop when the stock market drops.

The silly stock market has been floating upwards on very low volume... damn HFT computers!
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:05 pm

It's an interesting time right now. I would say if you did a "man on the street" poll that probably 9 out of 10 people would say, "the economy is about to collapse".

And yet the market seems up most of the time right now.

I don't make many predictions and when I do they are wrong all the time in the short run :) I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've bought a stock that didn't immediately drop only to raise a few days/weeks/months later like I expected it to.

Right now, my thinking is this: Buy things that are either under valued or valued very fairly. I.e. stocks with lots of earnings and earning potential and low PE's. And silver/gold also, which I think have a lot less room to drop than most other equity types.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:41 am

Historically, when a monetary system has begun to pump itself up with more fiat, that money goes into equities, i.e., stocks. Stock prices are one of the first things to go up in an inflationary spiral. Then the government trumpets "The Recovery is here!", and the sheeple line up to be fleeced, once again.

Its all an illusion designed to separate the wealth from the people.

Keep stacking real money.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:27 am

IdahoCopper wrote:Historically, when a monetary system has begun to pump itself up with more fiat, that money goes into equities, i.e., stocks. Stock prices are one of the first things to go up in an inflationary spiral. Then the government trumpets "The Recovery is here!", and the sheeple line up to be fleeced, once again.

Its all an illusion designed to separate the wealth from the people.

Keep stacking real money.

"Illusion" is right. The stock market may be going up in nominal terms, but when you factor in dollar debasement people are losing money. The stock market has been stagnate for the last 10 years or so. CNBC never seems to mention those things :?

401k's and IRA's are a facade. They will never make anyone rich. People are getting robbed and most don't even know it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:39 am

maybe the reverse Head-and-Shoulders
http://goldsilver.com/news/silver-market-update-(3)/
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JobIII » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:40 am

If the Fed has good news, I would say expect a drop. If the Fed has mixed or bad news, I would say silver will stay where it is or climb.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby justj2k78 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:49 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
401k's and IRA's are a facade. They will never make anyone rich. People are getting robbed and most don't even know it.

401k's and IRAs are not designed to make anyone rich. They're a savings vehicle to enable someone to save for retirement, so they can, ya know, eat and live and stuff. To characterize them as a vehicle to make someone "rich" is really just setting up a straw man argument.
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JobIII » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:03 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
"Illusion" is right. The stock market may be going up in nominal terms, but when you factor in dollar debasement people are losing money. The stock market has been stagnate for the last 10 years or so. CNBC never seems to mention those things :?

CuPH,
I strongly disagree with you. Where are you getting your info? Most index funds are showing >10-30% profit over the last 10 years. Most retirement companies calculate 7-8 % growth in a lifetime to demonstrate the value of investing. 401K's tend to offer mutual fund / bond investing options, so yes they typically won't outperform a particular stock. But rapid growth comes with high risk, something most people would not want their retirement savings to be subjected to. My company matches my investment. So you are opting to be paid less if you don't take advantage of this program. They are pre-tax and or taxed up front and not when you take them out (roth).

Also if you're regularly buying into PM's it's not that much different then a 401k. You pay a fee on each purchase similar to a fund fee, and you have to pay taxes on the sale of your PM not unlike the distributions of your fund holdings.

How are people getting robbed by making use of 401k and ira's?
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:37 pm

I also invest in the stock market, through my job. I look at dips in the market as buying opportunities! However, I do also realize the potential risks of putting all your "eggs in one basket" dangers. I believe in having something tangible and physical, such as real estate...or PM's. I think a mix of assets is a good thing, and yes...thanks to the folks here at Realcent, gotta say I rather enjoy my collection of coins!
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals