silver prediction

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

silver prediction

Postby lance » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Where does everyone see silver going? Im going to buy a little now but i see it dropping more so im waiting on making a big purchase...i see silver hitting lower 20s.
lance
Penny Collector Member

Re: silver prediction

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:59 pm

I can't bet on the practical purchase price dipping below $30, if that. It might, but it's a crap-shoot, and when it comes to a bet between fiat and real money, I'll pick the real money at current prices. I'm still buying weekly, though more at local dips. When silver briefly hit the upper 25s not long ago, the actual practical price for available silver was actually in the upper 29s, near 30. When spot was 29+, if you could find significant amounts (not just a handful of ounces) for less than 32 and change you were fortunate - 33+ was more like it.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:20 pm

PMs have been following the stock market with about 80% correlation. Just go back and forth between the S&P and Gold chart during the trading day and you'll see it too. The stock market is due for a correction (today was a very minor one). I expect PM prices to drop with any stock market sell off. Margin increases and more huge paper dumps are also very likely. TPTB want to discourage as many people as possible away from PMs... they would sell their grandmother for a nickel to do it.

I'm quite happy with my Ag holdings, but I'll buy more anywhere below $30. I'll buy more Au if it dips below $1600.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Silver won't go below 25. Ever.
barrytrot

Postby scrapper2010 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:44 pm

barrytrot wrote:Silver won't go below 25. Ever.

I'm not buying another ounce until it hits $24.99. ;)
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:49 pm

scrapper2010 wrote:

Then you will buy zero ounces unless you buy using derivatives in which case getting an "effective price" of 24.99 is pretty easy actually.
barrytrot

Postby fb101 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:56 pm

I do not see silver going much lower; If the dow crashes, maybe.
Not likely.
Unless they abolish the supreme court.
Which might happen.
fb101

Postby Engineer » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:13 pm

fb101 wrote:I do not see silver going much lower; If the dow crashes, maybe.

A big DOW drop could happen between now and the election...or shortly after the election.

Now could be a good time because it will give the PTB time to 'save' us before the election, and knocking down gas prices over the summer would keep the sheep from rioting. A good stock market crash would also give the candidates more power to leverage bribes campaign contributions from the unions and corporate donors.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Early in 2013 we will see mid to high 40's. Until then it will bounce around between $31-$38
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:56 pm

I can't predict timing, but with TPTB's learned success at market manipulation I believe we will have to exhaust the above ground reserves that exist which are making their manipulation possible. That is quickly happening. Not sure if it'll be this year or 2013, but soon. When physical reserves are exhausted then the price will start moving up and no amount of manipulation (short of dictatorial price control) can stop it.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:19 pm

68Camaro wrote:I can't predict timing, but with TPTB's learned success at market manipulation I believe we will have to exhaust the above ground reserves that exist which are making their manipulation possible. That is quickly happening. Not sure if it'll be this year or 2013, but soon. When physical reserves are exhausted then the price will start moving up and no amount of manipulation (short of dictatorial price control) can stop it.

exactly right

and its been said here a thousand times -- when the rapid price acceleration starts you'll WISH youd have bought more at $31 instead of waiting for the dip to $25 which never happened...

best to buy WHAT you can WHEN you can and count your value in oz's - not dollars...
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby lance » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Didnt someone just post something the other day saying there is plenty of silver left in mines,etc
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:22 am

lance wrote:Didnt someone just post something the other day saying there is plenty of silver left in mines,etc

Yep, that would be the silver that is becoming increasingly difficult to get out, and most of which is by-product mining which depends on desire for someone to spend the capital and effort to focus on something else (like copper) with the small amount of silver that comes out being a plus that helps sustain the copper mine. The same silver which we are currently sucking up faster that it can be mined.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:30 am

lance wrote:Didnt someone just post something the other day saying there is plenty of silver left in mines,etc

Silver has been predicted by the USGS to be the first element that will become extinct, if continuous extraction at today's rates were to continue. Which is impossible. We're in the midst of Peak Silver now. Production going forward will gradually taper, with concomitant price increases, that will eventually make it economically feasible (at much higher prices) to develop new mine sources or process much lower-grade mineral deposits that are currently unprofitable. Someday, a decade from now, cell phones will be recycled for the teensy bits of silver they contain. Sub-oceanic surface mining holds some potential, but only if extremely rich grades are encountered could it be lucrative.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby scrapper2010 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:46 am

barrytrot wrote:
scrapper2010 wrote:

Then you will buy zero ounces unless you buy using derivatives in which case getting an "effective price" of 24.99 is pretty easy actually.

No, I was just being a smartass. :D
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:49 am

I predict that the market manipulation will continue and no short-term rational or technical pricing analysis can be valid.

In the long-term, the value of the dollar will go down and the price of everything will go up.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby SilverStateGOP » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:10 am

IdahoCopper wrote:I predict that the market manipulation will continue and no short-term rational or technical pricing analysis can be valid.

In the long-term, the value of the dollar will go down and the price of everything will go up.

So we will be like Weimar Germany of the early 1930s or present day Zimbabwe, just a matter of when.

And the blame will be ladled onto the heads of the small to medium metal owners, not on the paper-puppeteer speculators.

Time frames, anyone?

SSGOP

GOPSilverState@centurylink.net
SilverStateGOP
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:57 am

SilverStateGOP wrote:
IdahoCopper wrote:I predict that the market manipulation will continue and no short-term rational or technical pricing analysis can be valid.

So we will be like Weimar Germany of the early 1930s or present day Zimbabwe, just a matter of when.

And the blame will be ladled onto the heads of the small to medium metal owners, not on the paper-puppeteer speculators.

Time frames, anyone?

SSGOP

We're at about 1919 Germany levels right now. Look at what happened to them within just three years after that.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:50 pm

"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby madman326 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:29 pm

lance wrote:Where does everyone see silver going? Im going to buy a little now but i see it dropping more so im waiting on making a big purchase...i see silver hitting lower 20s.

if silver hits the low 20's, i am selling everything(this includes my wife!) i have and putting it into silver!!!!
madman326
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals