Dump box

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Dump box

Postby My2Cents » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:15 pm

So today I picked up $250 worth of cents from a local bank. I make it through the first 2 boxes without issues... then on the 3rd....

I find a bunch of rolls marked "Post 82" on them. Great....

I cracked open some random samplings and found it to be true. Ugh... I got someone's dump box. I'm figuring out that most all of my bank boxes have some sort of markings on them, be it initials, dash marks with a sharpie marker or some other type of markings. The bank boxes with no markings at all are the most productive, and those produce all the wheats. Most of my marked boxes only produce copper cents (and no wheats), so I'm assuming that someone is only pulling out those. However, today made me rethink things a little. Apparently, someone else out here is hoarding too. I need to hurry up and get my Ryedale here.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" Voltaire
My2Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Dump box

Postby jacer333 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Always a dreadful feeling...might be time to find a different honey hole for your pickups and use this as a dump bank too
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby plus1hdcp » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:36 pm

jacer333 wrote:Always a dreadful feeling...might be time to find a different honey hole for your pickups and use this as a dump bank too

+1
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby My2Cents » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:55 pm

Unfortunately, I'm in Okinawa, and my 'banks' are limited to what's on base. It's not like we have 20 branch banks within 10 miles. So beggars can't be choosers over here. :)
My2Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Postby K9-TSN » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:19 pm

My2Cents, if you are in the military in Okinawa, then thank you for your service to our country.

Charles
K9-TSN

Postby ggg » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 pm

My2Cents wrote:I find a bunch of rolls marked "Post 82" on them. Great....

Hmmm? I seem to have misplaced a roll of pennies. I marked it "Post 82" just in case I lost it and to make sure it was easily identified. Has anyone seen it? :D
ggg
Penny Sorter Member

Postby My2Cents » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:28 pm

ggg wrote:
My2Cents wrote:I find a bunch of rolls marked "Post 82" on them. Great....

Hmmm? I seem to have misplaced a roll of pennies. I marked it "Post 82" just in case I lost it and to make sure it was easily identified. Has anyone seen it? :D

Yeah yeah yeah... laugh it up ;) That ruined a whole box for me, and I see this guy's mark on more of my boxes too. We'll see when I get to them. Could be lots more just like it.
My2Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing