Other Coin Sorting Machine

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Other Coin Sorting Machine

Postby Numis Pam » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:19 am

Thanks so much for the replies... I am going to see if my dad or husband (who are both very mechanical), will try to make something for me just to see if it is something I want to do on a larger scale.....
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby BCD11 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 am

Numis Pam wrote:Thanks so much for the replies... I am going to see if my dad or husband (who are both very mechanical), will try to make something for me just to see if it is something I want to do on a larger scale.....

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin- ... 1-a-4.html

This is an EXCELLENT link for ideas about building a coin sorter. It inspired me to build three.
BCD11
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Cent1225 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Mooski wrote:My only complaint about my Ryedale is the plastic chute. Pennies are dirty, filthy things - and pennies sometimes 'gum up' on the plastic, and then it jams.

I have stopped this problem by 90 %. I take the curved chute off and scrub it with my wifes dish scrubby a couple time per week. I also put a one inch block under the back edge of the Rydale. This improves the angle of the chute so the cents fall more into the comparitor. These two things have vastly reduced my jams. Dont use more than a one inch block or the whole thing becomes top heavy and falls forward.(take it from some one that knows) :o
Hope this helps.
Cent1225
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing