quick question about sterling

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

quick question about sterling

Postby lance » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Went to a grage sale and a lady had a silver chain...but it didnt say anything on the clasp saying. 925....it said something like 14kgr? What is it?
lance
Penny Collector Member

Re: quick question about sterling

Postby wagsthadog » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi there-

Sounds like 14 karat gold rolled, maybe I'm wrong...gold filled and gold rolled do have some significant gold content, but not gold plated. I would probably have gone for it if it was under $5, but not over that..?

JMO

wags
wagsthadog
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: quick question about sterling

Postby lance » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:12 pm

Well thanks for replying but i think im gonna pass..she wanted $25 and it just sounds too risky...should i be mostly looking for. 925 stamps?
lance
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals