how many people use a ryedale to search dimes?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

how many people use a ryedale to search dimes?

Postby lance » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:11 pm

I think searching dimes might be my tipping point to make me buy a ryedale.
lance
Penny Collector Member

Re: how many people use a ryedale to search dimes?

Postby reddirtcoins » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:49 pm

me..

look in the ryedale section, there is a few threads on it.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby camtender » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Here too. The first words out of your mouth on the Ryedale will be, "I should have purchased this sooner".
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Postby JobIII » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:18 pm

I never even knew we could use sort dimes on the ryedale. Kind of feel like i missed out here.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby Robarons » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:28 pm

I thought Ryedale said nickels and dimes wouldnt work.
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby JobIII » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:31 pm

I heard this about dimes. Nickels just needed the proper slide. And I never heard anything about a dime wheel until this year.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby camtender » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Good thing about dimes, you just need the wheel and nothing else. My Ryedales process the dimes faster than pennies.
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:26 pm

uh oh... I dont think the banks around me are going to like this information getting out to me.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby lance » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:06 pm

frugalcanuck wrote:uh oh... I dont think the banks around me are going to like this information getting out to me.

Lol right....i was close to getting one for pennies but couldnt pull the trigger...this is def a selling point for me...even though andy said he has got alot of complaints about issues people searching dimes...hmmm
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:28 pm

True.. Andy doesn't really support dimes but, through my testing I'm ok with missing a few. Find the wheel and do your own test.. As an unsupported feature I'm happy with it.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JadeDragon » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:55 pm

I've tried dimes with the penny wheel. They discriminate fine but the dimes tend to get hung up under the wheel for me. Edge sorting is faster on American dimes since you don't have to recount them after running through the ryedale.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby reddirtcoins » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:01 pm

get a #22 wheel and they will fly through.
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby BlackOut » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:44 pm

I bought the correct wheel from Andy and they get hung underneath as said above. I also miss some even with the discriminate turned all the way down. As long as you are ok with the occasional miss and jam, them it could be an option for you.
BlackOut
Penny Collector Member

Postby camtender » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:24 am

BlackOut wrote:I bought the correct wheel from Andy and they get hung underneath as said above. I also miss some even with the discriminate turned all the way down. As long as you are ok with the occasional miss and jam, them it could be an option for you.

If you have the correct wheel, #22, you should not have jams of multiple dimes under the wheel. If fact, I have ran 10,000 of $$$ dimes and not had multiple dimes under the wheel - bent dimes yes, but not multiple.

Also, to get the silver dimes out without missing any, you need to turn your discriminator up where you will get a handful of clad dimes along with any silver you have. You will know you have the discriminator on the correct setting when you get a few clad dimes for every 50 or so clad that pass, I have found that I can get all 80% Canadian if you tune the machine correctly.

I have done a lot of testing and will post a "Ryedale Dime Sorting How To...." in the Ryedale section soon.
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals