Now he's going after domestic natural gas production.

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Now he's going after domestic natural gas production.

Postby Delawhere Jack » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Seems that our benevolent leader has seen fit to implement his will via executive order once again. Over the weekend, as the news toadies were obsessed with secret service agents and hookers, the Dear Leader signed an executive order forming an inter agency commitee to oversee the "Supporting Safe and Responsible Development of Unconventional Domestic Natural Gas Resources".

Thirteen plus bureacracies will now determine the fate of the natural gas industry in the US. These agencies are:

(i) the Department of Defense;

(ii) the Department of the Interior;

(iii) the Department of Agriculture;

(iv) the Department of Commerce;

(v) the Department of Health and Human Services;

(vi) the Department of Transportation;

(vii) the Department of Energy;

(viii) the Department of Homeland Security;

(ix) the Environmental Protection Agency;

(x) the Council on Environmental Quality;

(xi) the Office of Science and Technology Policy;

(xii) the Office of Management and Budget;

(xiii) the National Economic Council; and

(xiv) such other agencies or offices as the Chair may invite to participate.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/04/13/executive-order-supporting-safe-and-responsible-development-unconvention

So lets see, since the Dear Leader, (Holy is His name) assumed office he has:

Ended drilling for oil in the gulf of Mexico. (Funny that the "highly modified" in China blowout preventer which caused the BP incident has fallen down the media-memory-hole, hmmm?) Of course the ban only applies to domestic companies, foriegners are more than well to drill in the gulf, including the Chinese. They are more than happy to avail themselves of this opportunity.

Vetoed the construction of a pipeline to bring oil from our friends in Canada, saying he needed time to study it's possible impact. (The EPA approved the pipeline 3 YEARS AGO!!!!)

Poured several billion dollars into "green" energy startups, (all with major contributors to his campaign on the board or in ownership positions) which have turned out to be little more than shell companies and gone bankrupt (after paying out hugh bonuses, of course).

Placed crippling restrictions on coal fired electrical generation, literally forcing the shutdown of 13% of our electrical generation. BTW, how's that effecting the economy in the coal mining regions for those of you in PA and WV, hmmm?

I could go on, but the point is, the Dear Leader is WILLFULLY doing everything in his power to make energy more costly in the US. This at a time when the economy is already in freefall. Why would he possibly be doing this?

BTW, regular unleaded was $1.84/gal (national average) on Gorge Bushe' last day in office, it is now $3.90.
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Re: Now he's going after domestic natural gas production.

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Delawhere Jack wrote:Placed crippling restrictions on coal fired electrical generation, literally forcing the shutdown of 13% of our electrical generation. BTW, how's that effecting the economy in the coal mining regions for those of you in PA and WV, hmmm?

While the price of oil is though the roof, the price of Coal is pretty darn low. Lots of folks being laid off. Lots of speculation on that one.

Anyone with a good foot in the NG or Coal industry care to elaborate?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Tourney64 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Natural gas is low right now due in part to domestic drilling and the warm winter. With these changes, prices will start to head upwards and more people will be put out of work. If Obama puts enough people out of work and dependent on the government to sustain them, then who would vote your meal ticket out of office?
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:57 pm

My 93 acres sit on top of the Marcellus Shale. New York won't let us drill for it. My land also sits on a ridge that the wind turbine companies wanted to put towers in. Our town board banned that. With with and natural gas, my land could easily be pulling 10K/ month.

I would stimulate the economy if I had that kind of revenue. Instead, they suck me dry with property taxes which are scheduled to go up over $1000 this year.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:02 pm

they have been trying to go after the chattanooga shale play, but unfortunatly they would have to pay out a lot of people in order to achieve this.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:37 pm

John_doe wrote:they have been trying to go after the chattanooga shale play, but unfortunatly they would have to pay out a lot of people in order to achieve this.

I have a hunch that several of these "maps" have lied in regards to the size and scope of the play as well.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:06 am

I am not sure who would be lying about the size of the shale pockets:

The government doesn't want us to drill for them so exaggerating the size of them wouldn't make sense from their perspective.
The oil companies are paying big money for gas leases. They wouldn't do it if there wasn't any gas down there.
The anti drilling public would also want to downplay the scope of the reserves as well.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:21 pm

knibloe wrote:I am not sure who would be lying about the size of the shale pockets:

The government doesn't want us to drill for them so exaggerating the size of them wouldn't make sense from their perspective.
The oil companies are paying big money for gas leases. They wouldn't do it if there wasn't any gas down there.
The anti drilling public would also want to downplay the scope of the reserves as well.

I can show you.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby franklin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:47 pm

If one wished to invest in Natural Gas at this time (present price at about $1.98, lowest I have seen), what investment instruments would be the best?
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby knibloe » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm

John_doe wrote:
knibloe wrote:I am not sure who would be lying about the size of the shale pockets:

I can show you.

ok...
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions