Copper percentage went the wrong way !!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Copper percentage went the wrong way !!

Postby Chief » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Pennysaved wrote:
PMLurker wrote:If you are getting skunk Brinks boxes then they're likely from the Brinks supersorter.
If the town you are dumping your zincs at is serviced by the same coin supplier that you pick up at (look in the phone book) you may also be cross contaminating your pickups.

I asked HCBTT about that once and he told us that the risk of that is pretty low. I had concerns of dumping a ton of zinc pennies and ending up with them again in the near future.
He said sorting copper pennies is like fishing in a river where there is a constant influx of pennies coming in and the chance of you getting your own dump is pretty low
Whereas, sorting halves is like fishing in a lake; there is just a certain supply and the risk of you getting your own halves down the road is pretty high.
He can correct me if I am wrong :-)

Sounds right to me. Pennies are almost infinite, halves are more limited. Good luck out there. :)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing