Franklin asked me to write Loomis---

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Franklin asked me to write Loomis---

Postby henrysmedford » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Having a developmentally delayed teen can put a smile on your face. Today Franklin went through $500 in rolled Loomis dimes and found no silver. So he ask me to write them and ask them to put some silver in the rolls for him. Also he added that I should ask them to put in a 1909-S VDB in a cent roll for him. And also a Canadian 1936 DOT cent. :mrgreen: So I just Emailed them.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Franklin asked me to write Loomis---

Postby fasteddy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

:) nice :)
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby BamaJoe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:03 pm

If it works I'll pay him to petition Loomis for me. :lol:
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Better yet.. Maybe ask them to donate the looms coin paper for rolling. Then we find someone to roll the coins with the loomis paper and we donate the coins for a big surprise!!!
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:08 pm

They should spike some rolls for him. Bits the least they can do for all the coin processing business that you guys drum up for them! :lol:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cent1225 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:02 pm

I cant wait to see what their response is. Keep up posted.
Cent1225
Penny Collector Member

Postby Treetop » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:25 pm

reddirtcoins wrote:Better yet.. Maybe ask them to donate the looms coin paper for rolling. Then we find someone to roll the coins with the loomis paper and we donate the coins for a big surprise!!!

that is really a great idea imo.

If you ever decide to outright buy a missing key date for the collection, Id do it the way reddirt is saying. would be much more exciting for him.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Member » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:17 am

Never fails.You are having a bad day and everything seems to be going wrong and bam...Your kid says something that puts a huge smile on your face. Call me nuts, but I think that your kids is what life is all about. I can't imagine not having mine.
check me out on facebook Lake's Coin's and Militaria
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby BamaJoe » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:46 pm

After thinking about it and considering the sorry boxes I've been getting for the last two months I might take Franklin's idea a bit further.

Maybe if I show up at their gate in sack cloth and ashes and plead they might show me a little mercy.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby uthminsta » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Stopped by a local coin shop today with my 8 year old and we were looking at the bargains. She picked up a 1978 proof Lincoln and said, "Hey Daddy, this one's copper!" The guy behind the counter about fell down he was so shocked.
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals