What are safer investments beyond gold and silver?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Re: What are safer investments beyond gold and silver?

Postby 97guns » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:10 am

very little time expended, i have a rental manager and have not even talked to him in 3 months.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:14 pm

reddirtcoins wrote:I forgot to mention chicken... You can sale/barter the eggs...

And they are great pets. Franklin with Bertha today.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverEye » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:05 am

97guns, I don't mean to tell you your business, but I hope you're keeping a closer eye on that rental manager than you let on. Things like deposit checks can get diverted, property maintenance billed for and not actually done, maybe a rental set empty on the books for 6 months but was in fact rented the whole time for half-off in cash, skimming a bit of the rent off the top. I've never been a landlord, I just have a pessimistic and untrusting mind, and this is what came to me in the time it took to type it. A dedicated evildoer could fleece you to a much greater extent and leave you with one helluva mess.
SilverEye
Penny Collector Member

Postby 97guns » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:31 am

no need to worry about my business, i have everything under control. i have an optimistic view of things, that is why i went 100% with my net worth into real estate, there are no open ledgers in my book, everything has been and is occupied - there is no reward without risk. i may be a youngster but this is not my first time around the RE block, i have dabbled in it before and learned a few things from mistakes ive made. i somewhat gotta know what im doing or i'd be getting ready for work right now.

pessimism is the reason why "you guys" will never make it happen
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby theo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:40 am

97guns wrote:no need to worry about my business, i have everything under control. i have an optimistic view of things, that is why i went 100% with my net worth into real estate, there are no open ledgers in my book, everything has been and is occupied - there is no reward without risk. i may be a youngster but this is not my first time around the RE block, i have dabbled in it before and learned a few things from mistakes ive made. i somewhat gotta know what im doing or i'd be getting ready for work right now.

pessimism is the reason why "you guys" will never make it happen

Self confidence is a wonderful thing, however what Silvereye says makes sense. In my experience, if you give people a chance to take from you, sooner or later they will. Unfortunately some have to learn that lesson the hard way.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverEye » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:27 pm

I good friend of mine nearly had his family business bankrupted and stolen by 3 generations of family friends. The old man was friends with his grandfather, the old man's daughter and son in law worked for them in the office, and the grandson swept up out in the shop. They all conspired to withhold mail, set up fake businesses and suppliers, divert collections calls in the office. My friend's father was off on vacation and tried to phone in a wire transfer with his bank for some additional shopping money, and found out all of his business accounts were overdrawn, and had been for months. All the while the two families were having picnics and barbeques together.

If you put all your eggs in one basket, WATCH THAT BASKET.
SilverEye
Penny Collector Member

Postby Numis Pam » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:40 am

SilverEye wrote: If you put all your eggs in one basket, WATCH THAT BASKET.

No Kidding!! +1
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:18 pm

Whiskey and lots of it!
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions