Silver Charts

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver Charts

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:55 am

SoFa wrote:I don't understand the chart at all. It's not self explanatory, especially with regards to gaming the great manipulation theory.
I would be most interested in a little more explanation.

Consider being short when price is below the red and orange dots and the solid magenta line, long when above.
No prediction, crystal ball rubbing, forecasting or fortune telling, just a simple mechanical approach to trend following.
Hope that answers it.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:29 am

This may surprise some readers here but, while I think most of Jon's statements require context that is often lacking, within the context of active trading, I actually agree with Jon - more often than not.

There is a larger context where I think many of those statements cease to apply. Jon and I might diverge (or not) at that point. There is a context outside of active trading where the the direction of the future is critical and speculation and planning for it is demanded by the prudent.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:59 am

68Camaro wrote:This may surprise some readers here but, while I think most of Jon's statements require context that is often lacking, within the context of active trading, I actually agree with Jon - more often than not.

There is a larger context where I think many of those statements cease to apply. Jon and I might diverge (or not) at that point. There is a context outside of active trading where the the direction of the future is critical and speculation and planning for it is demanded by the prudent.

It's cool to have differing opinions. I respect them. My apologies if somehow context is inadequate. I'll try to serve this community better.
In my work, the nonexistent future direction is always unknowable as well as the forward timing of such. It isn't necessary either.
In the larger context of trends, the same tools and discipline applies as with shorter term. It is fractal in nature and longer term trends are just as applicable, if not more so.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:22 am

JFF, thanks for the post. I am intrigued by your chart and your simple solution to be long above the line and short below it. Seems like something a simpleton such as myself can handle. Now my only question is.. Where do I find that chart? Or what are the names of the analysis lines that you have on there? Or better yet, what is the URL of the website that has up-to-the-minute streaming charts of Gold and Silver with that analysis built in :D :D :D
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:31 am

SoFa wrote:I don't understand the chart at all. It's not self explanatory, especially with regards to gaming the great manipulation theory.
I would be most interested in a little more explanation.

looks like the 2 colored dashes above the chart are the shorts and longs...or buys and sells...something...

They invert when the trend changes...and the trend line seems to bisect them...

That all i can figure out (assuming thats even close to correct)
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals