Brinks boxes keep on disappointing me

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Brinks boxes keep on disappointing me

Postby theshoenlebens » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Went to the bank and this time they had $100 brinks and for the first time ever.....$100 CWR.
Box on the left is the coppers from the $100 brinks... Approx. 107 total :(
Boxes on right is the coppers from the $100 CWR...Approx. 3200.. :P
Man this month and a half with very little copper in the brinks boxes really got me excited when I seen the percentages on the CWR.
Now for the interesting thing..There where 10 wheats in the 107 total box and get this, 0 wheats in the 3200 CWR. Who ever rolled these I guess knew to take the wheats :o
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Brinks boxes keep on disappointing me

Postby Morsecode » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Easy to get spoiled on those String boxes, isn't it? And they have those sorter-friendly inspection holes :roll:
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby tinhorn » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:15 pm

Start at the fourth post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9826&hilit=supersorter

I DID notice that Brinks misses the wheats.
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby robroy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:48 pm

I down here on the gulf and the majority of the boxes I get is from Brinks because I really don't want to get the Loomis boxes from my dump bank. There is another provider but I can't find their boxes anywhere except at the local VA hospital.

So I was wondering if I called these two providers and as for a short list of the banks that they deliver to would they do that.

Also, I hear all this talk about string boxes and I'm wondering what the meaning of this term is.

Can anyone tell where Loomis boxes are appearing. It seems that Brinks is a major provider for my area and lately I have not been getting the amount of copper that I used to. There was talke about Brinks having a contract to provide a client with the pre-82 coins.
Don't look back. Something may be gaining on you.

Neither a penny or a nickel is worth face value anymore.

I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger.
robroy
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing