Now being charged for halves.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Now being charged for halves.

Postby dan53 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Regions has started a charge for ordering halves. I am not sure if the local branch did that just for me or if its something that is region wide.....Pardon the pun. Has anyone noticed this?
dan53
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Now being charged for halves.

Postby Robarons » Thu May 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Make a certain Bank Manager mad and you will be dealt fees per that branch I believe.

Other branches should not be affected. Most banks do carry such region wide restrictions, but rather only put the min place when sorting has increased to the point where they notice losses are starting to occur.
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby BamaJoe » Thu May 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Dan, where are you located? I just asked the wife who is a branch head teller and vault teller for Regions and it isn't a company wide policy. They still order boxes for customers at no charge.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby dan53 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:18 pm

BamaJoe, I am in the Dothan area. Here's the thing..........I have been ordering halves from this branch for years. When I first started, I aske them if it mattered to them if I returned the sorted halves to OTHER branches. They said they didn't care as long as I didn't bring them back to them. Well somewhere along the way that changed and I think some of the other branches complained. What gets me is that as soon as they told me it would be better not to take them to any regions banks, I stopped and dumped on Wells Fargo. Exclusively. To tell you the truth however, I have been needing an excuse to take a break. I have been at this a long time and I have never seen the pickings so slim.
dan53
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu May 03, 2012 9:14 pm

dan53 wrote:BamaJoe, I am in the Dothan area. Here's the thing..........I have been ordering halves from this branch for years. When I first started, I aske them if it mattered to them if I returned the sorted halves to OTHER branches. They said they didn't care as long as I didn't bring them back to them. Well somewhere along the way that changed and I think some of the other branches complained. What gets me is that as soon as they told me it would be better not to take them to any regions banks, I stopped and dumped on Wells Fargo. Exclusively. To tell you the truth however, I have been needing an excuse to take a break. I have been at this a long time and I have never seen the pickings so slim.

It's only going to get worse as time passes.

I stopped doing halves 10 years ago, but I am starting to get more scrutiny from bank managers and tellers about what/why I need so many pennies for. When this happens, I take a break for a few weeks and the heat usually wears off. I also avoid the banks that ask the most questions. I am starting to see more and more boxes of 100% zincs too, but I'll save this for the Cu forum.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals