silver is about to be back in the 20s in 3...2....1...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

silver is about to be back in the 20s in 3...2....1...

Postby lance » Thu May 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Yet im excited...is that weird?
lance
Penny Collector Member

Re: silver is about to be back in the 20s in 3...2....1...

Postby mbailey1234 » Thu May 03, 2012 12:27 pm

If we see $28.XX I am pulling the rest of my powder out and shooting it off. It's getting really hard to leave the matches in my pocket at the moment. :D Even if it does go down more I will be really happy with where I am in from a DCA standpoint.
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu May 03, 2012 12:30 pm

Don't blink. Ask is already over $30 again. If it was to stay down below long enough to affect price, contemplating another multi monster box buy with a small private group. Frankly I don't expect it to stay down long enough to allow the trigger to get pulled. But getting ready in case...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu May 03, 2012 2:06 pm

Perhaps $2x becomes the new $3x the same way $3x became the new $4x

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Beau » Thu May 03, 2012 2:14 pm

where are you going to find 2x 3x or 4x silver at that price?
are you selling?
if you are I`am buying a long time before it hits that price?
my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu May 03, 2012 2:19 pm

$2x, $3x, $4x = $20 something, $30 something, $40 something- for an ounce of silver...not 2x, 3x, 4x face for a few chips of junk.
I hope you can see the difference.
Cheers!
Last edited by Jonflyfish on Thu May 03, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby BamaJoe » Thu May 03, 2012 2:21 pm

:lol: Thought I'd help you guys out some. Just bought 20 Engelhard 10 ounce bars at $30.57 a ounce - put the door for $6114. The $20's are a sure thing now.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu May 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Lower it gets, the more I'll have. :mrgreen:
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu May 03, 2012 2:30 pm

reddirtcoins wrote:Lower it gets, the more I'll have. :mrgreen:

Something tells me you'll have plenty of chances to buy lower, then lower, then lower again. 8-)

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby mbailey1234 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:37 pm

I just got off the phone with a guy I deal with sometimes at APMEX. He said he has been absolutely swamped today. Although they aren't supposed to give any market advice he said one of his managers just bought 3 monsters today "before the report" and he usually knows what he is doing. May be just a sales tactic I guess.

One thing is for sure though. It will either be up or down tomorrow and that's all I can guarantee anyone! :D
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu May 03, 2012 2:41 pm

A lot of pressure being put on paper silver. Was down below $30 on the 25th of April, a week ago Monday - for a moment in time as well.

This has been going on for several months now. After it dipped below $30, then fought back up in February and blipped past $37, it was then re-crushed. Then there was a battle for $35, then $34, then $33, then $32. Now they are battling at $31.

If it gets crushed again from this point down into the mid-to-upper 20s like it did briefly a couple times last fall, the flood-gates of physical buyers will re-open again, and take it back up into the low $30s within a few days. The major sellers all reported multiple days of record sales last fall and it will happen again. Like I said above, I'm prepping for that possibility to buy big if it does. If it doesn't, I will continue to buy smaller amounts weekly.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby madman326 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:44 pm

mbailey1234 wrote:I just got off the phone with a guy I deal with sometimes at APMEX. He said he has been absolutely swamped today. Although they aren't supposed to give any market advice he said one of his managers just bought 3 monsters today "before the report" and he usually knows what he is doing. May be just a sales tactic I guess.

One thing is for sure though. It will either be up or down tomorrow and that's all I can guarantee anyone! :D

i received an email alert from apmex today that they are selling sunshine mint 1 oz bars for 0.99 over spot!!! 24 hour sale!!! wish i had more $$$$$$$ to buy some.
madman326
Penny Collector Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu May 03, 2012 2:49 pm

mbailey1234 wrote:I just got off the phone with a guy I deal with sometimes at APMEX. He said he has been absolutely swamped today. Although they aren't supposed to give any market advice he said one of his managers just bought 3 monsters today "before the report" and he usually knows what he is doing. May be just a sales tactic I guess.

He pumped monster boxes because a manager bought before tomorrow's NFP report? If it smells like fish....
Ask if they were recommending that their clients sell silver just before it broke below $40. I have their marketing e-mails to prove otherwise.
If someone is in the business of selling inventory it is ALWAYS a good time to buy. Realtors, car dealers and metal salespersons are in the business of pushing product.

Sound familiar?-
"Buy now before JPM gets squeezed and silver goes straight from $40 to $100 or even $250+" or
"Buy now and take advantage of our great deals during this price dip. Everything is ON SALE!(read: for sale). Act now before you miss out on the big rally!"
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu May 03, 2012 2:55 pm

madman326 wrote:

i received an email alert from apmex today that they are selling sunshine mint 1 oz bars for 0.99 over spot!!! 24 hour sale!!! wish i had more $$$$$$$ to buy some.

It's such a good deal that they will offer you this tremendous favor. After all, they want to help YOU! They might even be a not-for-profit charity since there are no sharks in the PM business. :lol:
Interestingly enough, they'll offer you this same "favor" on a regular basis.

Always DYOD and never ever let emotions dictate financial decisions.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu May 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Good advice Jon.
68Camaro

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu May 03, 2012 3:22 pm

68Camaro wrote:Good advice Jon.

Thanks mate. The markets have claimed more flesh from people chasing their emotions than any other reason.
Hopefully marketing material is seen as either the well or ill intended puffery that it is, rather than advice or emotional appeal.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Thu May 03, 2012 4:42 pm

It is interesting that it (silver spot) is sort or slowly floating down like a feather in "Forest Gump". If you look at the week chart it goes down a little each day.

Jonflyfish has been a good performance indicator before so I would say more downward action is probable. Under $25? Under $20? I doubt it and double doubt it. But based on the fact that the feather on "Forest Gump" eventually landed I will assume the same here as well. :(
barrytrot

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu May 03, 2012 6:38 pm

always buying, always selling...........thats the roll

Doc
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu May 03, 2012 8:49 pm

If we dip below $30 via trickery (ie. contract dumpage and/or margin increases), $25/oz should be right around the corner.

If $25/oz is realized... BEEP, BEEP, BEEP
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu May 03, 2012 8:52 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:
madman326 wrote:

It's such a good deal that they will offer you this tremendous favor. After all, they want to help YOU! They might even be a not-for-profit charity since there are no sharks in the PM business. :lol:
Interestingly enough, they'll offer you this same "favor" on a regular basis.

Always DYOD and never ever let emotions dictate financial decisions.

Cheers!

That is very funny... and very TRUE.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Thu May 03, 2012 9:18 pm

I sold Toyotas for a while, made a pile of money. ( Not my proudest accomplishment).. As Jon said, create an emergency in the buyer's mind.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby rsk1963 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:always buying, always selling...........thats the roll

Doc

+1
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu May 03, 2012 9:35 pm

From 85-98 then again from 01-06 and Again from mid08-mid10 the gold to silver ratio was better than 60. We're getting close again and if that trend holds right after the election and "bam!", you wish you would have loaded up. But really, who cares about all that mumbo jumbo... Physical is all that matters and stack wisely my friends... :lol:
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals