Buying Silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Buying Silver

Postby everything » Sun May 20, 2012 8:39 pm

China has some amazing buying power, they are not just into metal, and have the most billionaires right now. I was able to pick up 5 oz. silver on this dip, not much but I'll take it.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Tue May 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Bought a little more CEF around noon today in sort of a dull market. While the USD is still strong, I like the pattern I see of higher highs and higher lows.

We didn't get the third sentinel, only got 2 in a row. So, there's more work to do, before any substantial rise can take place from these levels. A retest of $27 is certainly a distinct possibility, but I like nibbling here given the international dynamics.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby fb101 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Country wrote:Bought a little more CEF around noon today in sort of a dull market. While the USD is still strong, I like the pattern I see of higher highs and higher lows.

We didn't get the third sentinel, only got 2 in a row. So, there's more work to do, before any substantial rise can take place from these levels. A retest of $27 is certainly a distinct possibility, but I like nibbling here given the international dynamics.

Central fund of Canada?
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Country » Tue May 22, 2012 7:32 pm

That's the one I like. 50% GOLD and 50% SILVER, non-leveraged.

Looks like I was a bit premature. There's some more pain coming. :(
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby fb101 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:21 pm

I decided to get long UUP since i expect $ strength.
I think I may try CEF soon.
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby IdahoCopper » Wed May 23, 2012 5:37 am

Nobody is mentioning the UK sterling pound. Why is it not a safe haven from the falling Euro? Is it the 2nd best looking horse in the glue factory, after the USD?
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals