You just never know.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

You just never know.

Postby m21221 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:34 pm

I picked up a box of dimes and nickels yesterday and was skunked (silver wise). Oh well off to the dump bank this morning I go. I walked in to my small home town "dump" bank and chatted with the tellers a while. They always ask if I found anything interesting and I told them not this time. While I'm in the back dumping my coins in the sorter the women helping asks if I wanted the rejects that were sitting in large bowl next to the sorter. After contemplating the offer for half a second I said yes and dumped what must have been 3 to 4 pounds of mostly foreign coins into my bag and thanked them and headed home. Once home I sorted all the coinage and ended up with $38 dollars in Canadian coins included one 68 silver quarter & 10 pre-82 nickles. Additionally I found several franc's, peso's and probably $3.00 in bent U.S. coinage. What a joy it is to feel like a kid on Xmas morning. Search on!
m21221
Penny Sorter Member

Re: You just never know.

Postby RD5 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Nice finds, maybe I should ask my teller to let me have some rejects :D
Coin Master Flex
RD5
Penny Collector Member

Postby m21221 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:54 pm

It's funny, when I first started going there I got a resounding no when I asked if I could buy a box of pennies. Almost as if I was stealing from them. Now they seem more interested in my weekly finds than me and offer boxes of pennies and as of today their rejects.
m21221
Penny Sorter Member

Postby bman » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:12 pm

Your name isn't Franklin is it? :shock:
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby m21221 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:21 pm

Nope, what's the joke?
m21221
Penny Sorter Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:42 pm

bman wrote:Your name isn't Franklin is it? :shock:

lol.... now that is good!!!
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby m21221 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Sorry, I get it now. Nope, definitely not "Franklin" he's blessed in many ways. I'm in the produce your own luck camp.
m21221
Penny Sorter Member

Postby cesariojpn » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:10 pm

reddirtcoins wrote:
bman wrote:Your name isn't Franklin is it? :shock:

lol.... now that is good!!!

Franklin's got competition!!
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Metals Mogul » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:12 pm

I sure would like my tellers to be like that! Haha.
Selling CTU's for $140 SHIPPED w/ DC...PM me!
Metals Mogul
Penny Pincher Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:37 pm

At $38 you would be in fourth place in the you got HOW MUCH free Canadian coin??? if you go over to the thread and post. Franklin like to say "I have a new gig" when he starts something new. So with your new gig you should add to the post.

Joe
Franklin"s Dad
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Numis Pam » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:20 pm

m21221 wrote:I picked up a box of dimes and nickels yesterday and was skunked (silver wise). Oh well off to the dump bank this morning I go. I walked in to my small home town "dump" bank and chatted with the tellers a while. They always ask if I found anything interesting and I told them not this time. While I'm in the back dumping my coins in the sorter the women helping asks if I wanted the rejects that were sitting in large bowl next to the sorter. After contemplating the offer for half a second I said yes and dumped what must have been 3 to 4 pounds of mostly foreign coins into my bag and thanked them and headed home. Once home I sorted all the coinage and ended up with $38 dollars in Canadian coins included one 68 silver quarter & 10 pre-82 nickles. Additionally I found several franc's, peso's and probably $3.00 in bent U.S. coinage. What a joy it is to feel like a kid on Xmas morning. Search on!

:thumbup: Awesome!! Since this thread is a several months old.... would love an update! ...
Have you gotten to get more 'rejects' since then? Inquiring minds wanna know! :P
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals