Questions on 2nd hand store buy

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Questions on 2nd hand store buy

Postby baggerman » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Went to a 2nd hand store today and scored some gold filled earrings that according to an online calculator there is about $17 worth of gold in them (I paid $1).

I also bought some souvenir spoons (9 for $2) 5 have markings that read "KARO 90", 1 is from Norway and has 40GR.on it and the other one is a ROLEX spoon and has what looks to be "B 100 12" on it. Any idea if these are silver or just silver plated?
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Questions on 2nd hand store buy

Postby baggerman » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:54 pm

60 views and no info on what the Karo 90 on the spoons means?
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tractorman » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:30 pm

It sounds like they are silverplate, as described in this link (KARO being the maker?):

http://www.925-1000.com/a_platenumbers.html

How big are those earrings? There's not a lot of gold in filled items.
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby baggerman » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:23 am

tractorman wrote:It sounds like they are silverplate, as described in this link (KARO being the maker?):

http://www.925-1000.com/a_platenumbers.html

How big are those earrings? There's not a lot of gold in filled items.

Thanks for the info on the spoons, looks like they will go up on Ebay. I'm aware that it takes a lot of GF stuff to make out but I think if one buys cheap enough you might do OK. The earrings weight 13.5 grams and are marked 1/20 12K GF
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals