2,000 year-old gold and silver hoard uncovered

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

2,000 year-old gold and silver hoard uncovered

Postby reddirtcoins » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:05 pm

"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: 2,000 year-old gold and silver hoard uncovered

Postby BamaJoe » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:12 pm

As long as it isn't one of my buried hordes I'm fine with it. :lol:
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:42 pm

2,000 years... those silvers look worse than the worst coppers/zincs I've ever seen. But the golds still look new...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Fascinating. Took me briefly into a part of history that I only knew sketchily. Hadn't heard about that revolt at all. A MAJOR deal. Thanks!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Numis Pam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:12 pm

Interesting!! Thanks for sharing.....
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:37 pm

So if you plan on keeping your hoard for 2000 years it looks like your gold might have a better resale value.

Are there still people around able to make a ring like that without using computerized machines?
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals