its getting on wacky on Ebay

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

its getting on wacky on Ebay

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:41 am

maybe it always has been, but check out this incongruity from a good ebayer, i'll let you "find" it and tell me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-D-KEY-Kenn ... 484574437c

forget the price, thats twilight zone stuff, just check the listing, and see if you see it.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: its getting on wacky on Ebay

Postby NHsorter » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:45 am

That's easy.

Auction description (and picture): 1970-D KEY Kennedy Half Dollar BU ROLL

Then under item details....
Grade: PR70DCAM
Year: 1970 Strike Type: Proof
Certification: PCGS Mint Location: San Francisco

My opinion: I could believe that this is just a listing error. Might have used a template from another auction and forgot to update all the details to match this auction.

and BTW, I do really like those coins, but not at that price!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby mtalbot_ca » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:53 am

If the coin is ''graded'' it should be in a proper holder, especially if it is claimed to be a ''70''. From PCGS info:

Proof 70 is the highest possible grade awarded by the coin grading services. These perfect coins are prized and sought by coin collectors and investors who search for the best. PCGS awards the grade of PR70DCAM. NGC awards the grade of PF 70 Ultra Cameo.
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:39 pm

NHsorter wrote:That's easy.

Auction description (and picture): 1970-D KEY Kennedy Half Dollar BU ROLL

Then under item details....
Grade: PR70DCAM
Year: 1970 Strike Type: Proof
Certification: PCGS Mint Location: San Francisco

My opinion: I could believe that this is just a listing error. Might have used a template from another auction and forgot to update all the details to match this auction.

and BTW, I do really like those coins, but not at that price!

yeh, good eye....those kind of errors in listings drive me nuts. and the price is hallucinatory, what is the guy sniffing, paint thinner?...funny thing about the 70 Kenn, denver minted over 2 mil, SF minted over 2 mil in proofs, thats it, but you really dont see that big a bump in price.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals