Should I do a wild silver Washington Quarters album?

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Should I do a wild silver Washington Quarters album?

Postby henrysmedford » Sun May 20, 2012 11:01 am

Franklin and I have had great luck doing a wild silver dime folder see-- http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14008. So what the thought on Washington Quarters would it be worth a try. We have three banks that will see us bags off the counters. Add have five CU that do not have a problem with us dumping. The only down side if I start something with Franklin it is hard to stop if it is not working out. Any thoughts. We also filled a Kennedy half out of the wild. :mrgreen:
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Should I do a wild silver Washington Quarters album?

Postby bman » Sun May 20, 2012 7:01 pm

I doubt if you'd get very many silver quarters from rolls or bags, how many have you got from the reject trays?
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sun May 20, 2012 7:05 pm

bman wrote:I doubt if you'd get very many silver quarters from rolls or bags, how many have you got from the reject trays?

We have found zero silver we did find five proof clads http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13734&hilit=+proof#p133554
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Mon May 21, 2012 7:07 pm

We tried $500 bag no silver but to plated gold color quarters. :D We have all ready traded it for $500 in dimes.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby DuckTales253 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:24 pm

I was thinking about going through my junk silver Washington Quarters to see how much of an album I could fill.
"No man is poor who can do what he likes to do once in a while!" - Scrooge McDuck
DuckTales253
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fasteddy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:35 pm

It may be a very long time before you and Franklin get any significance quarter contributions from the wild.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby inflationhawk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:20 pm

My theory is quarters were used a lot in the vending machine industry (car washes, cigarette machines, coke machines, clothes washing and drying machines) and there has been tons of opportunity over the years /decades for people to pick the silver out - especially the vending machine operators.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:29 pm

inflationhawk wrote:My theory is quarters were used a lot in the vending machine industry (car washes, cigarette machines, coke machines, clothes washing and drying machines) and there has been tons of opportunity over the years /decades for people to pick the silver out - especially the vending machine operators.

+1
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:25 pm

In another thread I believe highroller said he averages about 1 quarter per 4k searched.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Return to USA Numismatics