Wild indians

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Wild indians

Postby iatetacos » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:03 pm

so i sort on average $100 a week, sometimes as much as $150. this year (since i have only been sorting since march-ish) i have found 5 indian heads in the wild. i know people said this was uncommon but i have apparently had really good luck.

this being said i think i know why. I live in a small town (i grew up in big cities so its small to me. if you want to look it up its mountain home ar) I only buy bags now simply because i have made enough friends at banks to pick up what i sort in the form of customer bags. copper wise, i am lucky if i pull 15%. why keep going you ask? because of this. Being a small town, there are mostly old people here. old people that keep dying off. when people go to clean out their houses, they are dumping their change jars and change drawers at the banks i am going to. this results in me having a bag every once in a while that will have 50% copper or higher. for example, 3 weeks ago i did a bag and pulled out $1 in wheats alone plus 4 steels plus 15 foreigns plus 10 canadian pennies (yes i know canadians are foreign but they get their own classification). when i do boxes of pennies, i average 18% copper and 2 wheats per $25.(since they arent coin from just here like my bags are.)
iatetacos
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Wild indians

Postby Rob72830 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:33 am

Congrats on the Indians and finding a bank that will sell you their bags. I live in a small town in Arkansas too but my bank (Liberty Bank) will not sell me their bags. Says they aren't allowed. Can you tell me what bank you go to in case they have have a branch here in Clarksville I could try? Thanks and good luck.
Rob72830
Penny Pincher Member

Postby iatetacos » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:12 am

First National and Arvest. have 2 of each here =)
iatetacos
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Rob72830 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:44 pm

Thank you. There is a Arvest here in town. I used to bank with them years ago. I think I will pay them a visit Monday and ask them. I would love to be able to search bags. Wish me luck.
Rob72830
Penny Pincher Member

Postby iatetacos » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:38 pm

just remember to be nice and overly happy if they do give you one. i think thats why the banks continue to give them to me because it makes me so happy, saves them money, and to them its probably hilarious that a kid comes in weekly to pick up their bag of pennies.
iatetacos
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing