"2012 American Eagle San Fran Two-Coin Silver Proof Set"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

"2012 American Eagle San Fran Two-Coin Silver Proof Set"

Postby Shifty51 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:42 am

Now that the month long window on this set has closed, who out there took the bait and ordered from the Mint. I'll be the first to admit I bought 2 sets, one for me and one for my brother. Do you think people who didn't get a set will be paying more or less than the original $150 on the secondary market?
He who does not respect the penny is not worthy of the dollar
Shifty51
Penny Sorter Member

Re: "2012 American Eagle San Fran Two-Coin Silver Proof Set"

Postby fb101 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:05 am

I gave in last weekend and bought 1 set but only because I can't trust the secondary market -
I though that price was pushy, but you never know what will happen later and I don;t want to pay $200.

They really are getting a bit goofy with the pricing though.
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby reddirtcoins » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:14 am

Price was high but, I got a bunch. (Gifts for Christmas). I guess final figures will not be out until they bill for them. I'm waiting to see where the number lands after that. I have to admit, I love the reverse proof. I don't see anyone paying anything good for these until 2015 or so but, I could be wrong.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rob72830 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:34 am

Shifty51 wrote:Now that the month long window on this set has closed, who out there took the bait and ordered from the Mint. I'll be the first to admit I bought 2 sets, one for me and one for my brother. Do you think people who didn't get a set will be paying more or less than the original $150 on the secondary market?

I think they will be paying more but right now it is hard to tell how much it will go up. I quickly looked at ebay and saw some sellers doing pre sales with prices of $275 and $279. Those were BIN so I don't think we will know what the real value of the sets are until the mint ships them all out. BTW, I didn't buy any. Figured they weren't going to be worth too much more than the mint sold them for and I decided to put the $150 towards stocking my long term food storage. When hard times comes, I can't eat that silver but I got alot of dehydrated food for that $150. Good luck to everyone who bought them, Hope you make a bundle off them.
Rob72830
Penny Pincher Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:28 pm

I will be getting one set for myself. I look at this purchase (although a bit pricey) as a long term hold investment...plus I enjoy the Reverse Proof design :)
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby penny pretty » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:16 pm

really thought about it, but they made a lot of them. I still have 2 25th sets, so Ill use extra cash to buy bullion while the price is nice.
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ScottyTX » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:35 pm

i'm a thinking w/ 250k+ mintage these will still sell at a premium but nobody's gonna get rich quick on these...
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby daviscfad » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:51 pm

yea i don't think u did bad if you bought
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad