Strange Kennedy half dollar's

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Strange Kennedy half dollar's

Postby mtldealer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:41 am

I found a bunch of half dollars this weekend that are a little off? When you drop them on a table they don't ping. They sound like they are hollow. A few of them turned out to be trick half dollars... But a few I can't figure out? I'll post pictures when I get to a real computer. Has anyone seen these before?
mtldealer
Penny Collector Member

Re: Strange Kennedy half dollar's

Postby JerrySpringer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:00 am

Balance the suspect coins on your fingertip and listen for the ringing sound when you tap them. If they do not ring, they may be magician coins too. Dropping them on a hard surface may separate them.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby wheeler_dealer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Drop them on hard floor. Recently had one kept rejecting from counter at bank. Turned out to be hollowed out with 20 Mexican centavos insert. Bank confiscated it.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby rexmerdinus » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:35 pm

If you ever run across one with microfilm in it, it's mine!
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals