PM Rally

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

PM Rally

Postby Jonflyfish » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:36 am

I could be 100% wrong but something tells me a decent rally for PM's is at hand.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: PM Rally

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:45 am

Looks like others think that as well... For how long, is the question.

It's all interesting to watch in the context of the world-wide economic slow-motion train-wreck.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby barrytrot » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:02 am

Do you guys remember the old days (1 year ago basically)? When a rally meant +3 points that day and +10 points over a 10 day period instead of 1 green day in a row? :)
barrytrot

Postby Matt B » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:48 am

Yeah, but it seems like a lifetime ago. Then again, yesterday is already a complete fog, so...
Matt B
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 97guns » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:23 pm

http://www.arabianmoney.net/gold-silver ... ee-months/

article suggests a double up in 3 months
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Don't put a lot of stock in a site called "Arabian Money" :)
barrytrot

Postby Sheba » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am very, very far from any kind of expert on PMs (or on anything for that matter :lol:), but it seems to me that over the past few weeks (maybe longer), by Friday of a given week, silver (I don't follow gold because I can't afford it) seems to be 'up' and look like its gonna' bust out of the doldrums. Then on the next Mon. or trading day it falls a little, back into the 'wallow' of 26.70 or so. Seems to me that it just stays in the high 26 to high 27 or low 28 range on that schedule.

I probably am totally wrong ... but thought I'd make an 'uneducated observation'. If silver could drop for long enough (a day during the week when the coin shop is open :D I would be happy to pick up a little (in my case a very little!) for around 25-26. But it just never seems to go down and stay there long enough.

Oh well ... kind of fun to watch all the 'machinations' that seem to constantly go on with the PM market and stock market, etc.
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Does anybody know when these JP Morgan short contracts are do? Wouldn't that be some guidance as to when silver will launch like a missile?
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:I could be 100% wrong but something tells me a decent rally for PM's is at hand.

Cheers!

Still applicable.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:59 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:I could be 100% wrong but something tells me a decent rally for PM's is at hand.

Cheers!

Still applicable.
Cheers!

I get it now. By telling us that there will be a price rally, you're hoping the combined purchasing power of the realcent forum will descend upon the silver market en masse and drive the price to new highs. :D Alas, the price is down now. This high-$26 to mid-$28 price range is getting boring. Perhaps we should all SELL now and drive the market into the teens, whereupon we quickly snatch up all the low-priced goodness... All in favor say "aye."
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rexmerdinus » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:15 pm

shinnosuke wrote:I get it now. By telling us that there will be a price rally, you're hoping the combined purchasing power of the realcent forum will descend upon the silver market en masse and drive the price to new highs. :D Alas, the price is down now. This high-$26 to mid-$28 price range is getting boring. Perhaps we should all SELL now and drive the market into the teens, whereupon we quickly snatch up all the low-priced goodness... All in favor say "aye."

Sounds good. You lead the way and I'll be right behind you!
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:07 pm

rexmerdinus wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:I get it now. By telling us that there will be a price rally, you're hoping the combined purchasing power of the realcent forum will descend upon the silver market en masse and drive the price to new highs. :D Alas, the price is down now. This high-$26 to mid-$28 price range is getting boring. Perhaps we should all SELL now and drive the market into the teens, whereupon we quickly snatch up all the low-priced goodness... All in favor say "aye."

Sounds good. You lead the way and I'll be right behind you!

Well, alphabetically, "rex" comes before "shin" so you go first. No, really, I insist.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 pm

Gold <$1579 was too much to resist. BT(bleeping)D!
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Alas, methinks we must all wait until fall for any substantial rise. Until then, it's the old boring summer doldrums.... Accumulation time is upon us. :geek:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:15 am

Something tells me a significant rally is commencing. Perhaps I'll be 100% wrong.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:39 am

I would prepare ASAP for this pending rally. It's a big one.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:06 pm

What is going to be the trigger for this rally? I am optimistically positioned for this big rally to occur, but just curious as to what you think will set it into motion. Thanks!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:36 pm

That's a great question. It's either going to be another QE, Europe collapsing which is going to happen, or something else. Either way, I'm guessing the latest this rally will happen would be sometime in January. I also believe that a secondary trigger will be silver going down a few more bucks. If silver were to get to $23 I see a lot of people, and I mean A LOT of people finally pulling the trigger and go in on silver which will kick it over $30 again.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:43 pm

We talking a rally to $40 or $35 or what?
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:52 pm

I believe once it soars it will soar. There might be a few small rallies here and there in the short term. I'm not sure what that will look like but I'm banking that in the next 2-3 years it will be well over $100.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:24 am

highroller4321 wrote:We talking a rally to $40 or $35 or what?

We're talking about $26.66 right now.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SoFa » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:26 am

shinnosuke wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:We talking a rally to $40 or $35 or what?

We're talking about $26.66 right now.

Maybe it will rally to 27?
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:39 am

Down 25 cents or less is called a "rally" now :)

Of course it's down 30 cents today so that's not good. And other $1.74 more and I lose 10 ounces of my silver :)
barrytrot

Postby barrytrot » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:38 pm

Hey it's now down only 22 cents, that is an official RALLY!

Boo yah! :)
barrytrot

Postby reddirtcoins » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Let's see if JP smashes it Wed/Thurs.... I'm still waiting for 20....
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals