Peter Schiff Again

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Peter Schiff Again

Postby IdahoCopper » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:12 am

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout ... 04860.html

1. Get Out of Treasuries
2. Own the Right Stocks
3. Buy Silver and Gold
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Peter Schiff Again

Postby NHsorter » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:24 am

Anybody have insight on what the "Right Stocks" are?
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:26 am

Schiff mentions some ideas in the article, but no specific companies are listed.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:32 am

Barrytrot has said the same thing as well. But no specific companies listed. Can't someone just do the hard work for me and give some tips so that I can just sit here and benefit from others work? Obamunistically.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby mbailey1234 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm

I have a lot of friends and family that think I'm crazy but the best investment I have made is about a years worth of supplies that I have stored away in my basement. If you use any products that use corn, soybeans or wheat get them bought NOW! My soybean based frying oil has went up from $19 last year for a 35# jug to $28.90 last week. Every week it jumps 10-25 cents. Corn oil for our kettle corn was $1.69 in the spring of 2011 now it just jumped another 20 cents to $3.19 for a 48oz jug.

I say rather than have your cash in the bank, buy what you need now and tie your money up there. It could even get to where you can't even get your hands on it when you need it.

I think we will see livestock prices drop a little as everyone will liquidate around here due to the extreme drought but hold on to your ass next year. $6 per pound hamburger anyone? Our local store has ribeye on sale this week for $9.99 # for crying out loud!

Maybe we should start a vegetarian recipe forum?? :lol:
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:39 pm

NHsorter wrote:Anybody have insight on what the "Right Stocks" are?

I recommend an annual subscription to the 12% letter published by Stansberry and Associates. $39 annual cost. Basically Warren Buffet style companies that can be expected to grow their dividends.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:40 pm

NHsorter wrote:Anybody have insight on what the "Right Stocks" are?

I recommend an annual subscription to the 12% letter published by Stansberry and Associates. $39 annual cost. Basically Warren Buffet style companies that can be expected to grow their dividends.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:22 pm

mbailey1234 wrote:I have a lot of friends and family that think I'm crazy but the best investment I have made is about a years worth of supplies that I have stored away in my basement.

Buying in bulk is always a good investment for consumers - as much as can be stored without it going bad.

First, bulk purchases are cheaper. Second, time value of money. Third, inflation.

JIT stocking is for merchants, not consumers.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Schiff, who I'm a fan of, has always talked about PM stocks. I personally believe that if you own physical PM's there is no reason to own paper ones even though I know some people on here do both. Has anybody checked out any of the grain ETF's? There are some that have seriously SURGED recently.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions