Dump bank was upset

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Dump bank was upset

Postby stonewallrabbitry » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:01 pm

My girlfriend does the dumping of the pennies and I pick up at a different branch, the other week she was at a family event and could not dump pennies. Last Friday she took in a bucket of pennies as usual but we got there about 30 minutes earlier than usual, I wait in the car and it seemed like it took er forever to dump the pennies. When she came out I asked what took so long and she said that the machin was full and they ad to change bags. The bank employee that changes the bags said she was upset that she was not in last week and they missed her, she also appologized for not having the bags changed before she got there. Hopefully that is a sign that we will not be loosing our dump bank anytime soon, it has been a full year since we started sorting
stonewallrabbitry
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Dump bank was upset

Postby RD5 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Lucky you! :D
Coin Master Flex
RD5
Penny Collector Member

Postby jacer333 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:24 pm

This is crazy talk....a dump bank upset that you DIDN'T come in with a load of zincolns!
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:27 pm

I have 3 close dump branches and 3 within 12-15 miles. Another 6 or 7 within 20 miles. (I usually have some pennies to dump whenever I'm out.)

So, 12 or 13...maybe a couple more dump locations and I only get issues at ONE. ONLY ONE!!!!!! And it's the closest to my house. They freakin' hate me. You wouldn't think changing a couple of bags would do that to an entire branch.

They must have the worse boss in the world.

It's funny to me because all of the other branches just LOVES me!!!! (I mean who wouldn't!!!!)
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ScottyTX » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 am

Wow, you completely lost me when you said you have a girlfriend that does your penny dumping for you. The only thing my wife does is write checks/credit cards and help empty out the bank account.......
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Numis Pam » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:30 am

I sure thought this post was gonna be in a different direction! lol Lucky you that they actually missed you and that was what made them mad. ;)
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:58 am

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:I have 3 close dump branches and 3 within 12-15 miles. Another 6 or 7 within 20 miles. (I usually have some pennies to dump whenever I'm out.)

So, 12 or 13...maybe a couple more dump locations and I only get issues at ONE. ONLY ONE!!!!!! And it's the closest to my house. They freakin' hate me. You wouldn't think changing a couple of bags would do that to an entire branch.

They must have the worse boss in the world.

It's funny to me because all of the other branches just LOVES me!!!! (I mean who wouldn't!!!!)

Wow now that is funny. It is the same for me. The bank up on the corner hates me as well and all of my other 15-20 banks have no issue.

My daughter and I do a long-haul dump on most Saturdays (72 miles round trip). We leave at 8:30 in the morning and about 10:30 we stop at the gun range to eat lunch (our half-way point). normally get home by noon. Makes for great father/daughter time.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:08 am

Gonna hit my favorite dump here in about an hour....got about $300 face in cents plus $200 in nickels.

I'll be armed with donuts and munchkins. :D
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby RD5 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:42 am

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:Gonna hit my favorite dump here in about an hour....got about $300 face in cents plus $200 in nickels.

Haha, that's the way to go!
Coin Master Flex
RD5
Penny Collector Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:25 am

Stonewall, do you butter up this branch with chocolate or something? Just curious as to what you think may have made them so friendly.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:33 am

They still love me!!!!

.......or the munchkins!!!!!

Dump was $400+ :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby stonewallrabbitry » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:13 pm

NHsorter wrote:Stonewall, do you butter up this branch with chocolate or something? Just curious as to what you think may have made them so friendly.

I think the one woman that is in charge of changing the bag is just very nice, that is the only thing we use that bank for. I have actually never even been in that branch and she does er her deposits and such at a different branch. I was always worried about dumping there because that is the largest branch and they are pretty busy. One time she said "I'm not even going to ask why you bring in pennies every week, I ave a son with autism and he likes going through change"

The brancthat h I pick up at is very small, when I pick up my pennies on Friday evening I am usually te only customer there. The last couple weeks they had my pennies on the counter waiting. I guess things might change if I did a large amount. I pick up three box a week so usually only dump about 55.00, 77.00 was the most we ever dumped.
stonewallrabbitry
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Sheba » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:43 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:Gonna hit my favorite dump here in about an hour....got about $300 face in cents plus $200 in nickels.

Good working policy for heavy duty coin dumpers! We (wife and I) just a little handsorting, but a box of candy once in awhile at a few banks we use and at the one we use for dumping, makes people remember you, and smile when you come in. Now that is the way I like things to be! :D
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby rickygee » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:29 pm

ScottyTX wrote:Wow, you completely lost me when you said you have a girlfriend that does your penny dumping for you. The only thing my wife does is write checks/credit cards and help empty out the bank account.......

Roger that!
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:06 am

All the locations of Midfirst bank in my town are always happy to see me and never complain about changing the bags. I try to dump at different locations when I happen to be in that area so as not to overwhelm them :D
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing