US Mint Proof Sets (non-silver)

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

US Mint Proof Sets (non-silver)

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:34 pm

I ran into a guy who has some big storage tubs full of the non-silver proof sets. I guess 3-400 sets. Anybody know how to market and sell those quickly? I would be willing to share info if it's worth the time and effort.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: US Mint Proof Sets (non-silver)

Postby okjdawg » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:53 pm

any ideas on years
okjdawg

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:11 pm

I will get more details.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby okjdawg » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:02 am

please keep me updated
okjdawg

Postby 97guns » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:13 am

im a fan of the '70 and '73. the halves in the 70' and the IKES in the '73 were only available through the mint packs.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:38 am

Just waiting for the guy to call me back.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby christostock » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:26 pm

I will buy them all at 30% back from bid on the grey sheet. shipped to me.
Prices are different for most every set.
If you can get them cheaper than that, you can flip em to me.
Or you may be able to find a dealer near you who will buy them for more than I would.
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby marine70 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Christostock I think at that price you would not be doing anyone any favors. 30% below greysheet you are only to kind,and they pay the shipping. Just saying.
marine70
Penny Collector Member

Postby Beau » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Chris would you like to buy about 50 proof sets at that price ?
there is an old lady here that has them and I tryed to help her sell them but no buyers here.
I bought all her silver, but no buyers for non-silver Proof sets.
I will check and see if she still has them.

I have one problem she is going to want to know how much, and I don`t have a gray sheet.

GOOD LUCK Beau
my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby christostock » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:16 pm

marine70 wrote:Christostock I think at that price you would not be doing anyone any favors. 30% below greysheet you are only to kind,and they pay the shipping. Just saying.

So why don't you offer to buy them at a better price so that you can do them a favor. :? :shock:
I simply stated what I buy them at.
I bought about 110 off a local jeweler yesterday at my price (30% under grey sheet bid).
Perhaps you didn't notice the part about
"Or you may be able to find a dealer near you who will buy them for more than I would."

And Beau has the key ingredient
"I tryed to help her sell them but no buyers here.
I bought all her silver, but no buyers for non-silver Proof sets."

So maybe I am doing them a favor? After all there appear to be no buyers here!!
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby christostock » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:27 pm

Beau, sent PM. Apparently I need to keep business between myself and the other party only and not advertise it to the community

Beau wrote:Chris would you like to buy about 50 proof sets at that price ?
there is an old lady here that has them and I tryed to help her sell them but no buyers here.
I bought all her silver, but no buyers for non-silver Proof sets.
I will check and see if she still has them.

I have one problem she is going to want to know how much, and I don`t have a gray sheet.

GOOD LUCK Beau
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:42 pm

FIGHT CLUB!!! :lol:

OK, everyone, go to your corners. (Are there more than four corners on this forum? Do we need more?)

Thanks to everyone for commenting. I will try to get the info as soon as possible.

Chris, I don't have a greysheet either. Appears to be a subscription service. Could you scan and send me a recent copy if this deal goes forward?

In the meantime, everyone drink some grapefruit juice and enjoy the weekend.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby marine70 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:39 pm

@ Christostock I appologize for interjecting with my personal opinion. I was wrong it was none of my business. I hope you have some good transactions I have learned alot from this site. In the future I will keep my opionion to myself, again please accept my sincere apology.
marine70
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheba » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:42 pm

shinnosuke wrote:FIGHT CLUB!!! :lol:

OK, everyone, go to your corners. (Are there more than four corners on this forum? Do we need more?)

Thanks to everyone for commenting. I will try to get the info as soon as possible.

Chris, I don't have a greysheet either. Appears to be a subscription service. Could you scan and send me a recent copy if this deal goes forward?

In the meantime, everyone drink some grapefruit juice and enjoy the weekend.

Great answer! :lol: Good luck to everyone involved with the proof sets! Peace and happiness to all even if you don't have any grapefruit juice (if not, try water melon juice :lol:
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:03 am

marine70 wrote:@ Christostock I appologize for interjecting with my personal opinion. I was wrong it was none of my business. I hope you have some good transactions I have learned alot from this site. In the future I will keep my opionion to myself, again please accept my sincere apology.

Hey Marine

That was a good man-up! WTG

(I have had to do that a time or two, myself. :oops: )
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:47 pm

You snooze, you lose. All sets have already been sold. One guy bought the entire lot.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rexmerdinus » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
marine70 wrote:@ Christostock I appologize for interjecting with my personal opinion. I was wrong it was none of my business. I hope you have some good transactions I have learned alot from this site. In the future I will keep my opionion to myself, again please accept my sincere apology.

Hey Marine

That was a good man-up! WTG

(I have had to do that a time or two, myself. :oops: )

+1, very classy indeed. That's what I like about this forum--good classy people!
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals