what did I miss?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

what did I miss?

Postby stlouiscoin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:01 pm

well, I had an alright trip. Some good and some bad
Saturday and early sunday: 9 hours in a car to a boyscout camp in yankton, sd.
Late sunday and early monday: sitting in the ac(:)) in a cabin.
Monday afternoon: left on the canoe trip, 12 miles down the missouri river, some wind, camped on a sand bar.
Tuesday: 15 miles, very little wind, camped at a park. saw storms coming but never hit us. didn't fall asleep till 1 am.
Wednesday: 29 miles, little wind except for 2 miles of 3 foot waves(about crapped my pants), last mile took 1:30 hours. Slept at a state park. End of canoeing.
Thursday: went swimming at a pool, stayed cool in a "nature center"(giangantic gift shop). friend caught 5 fish and a 3lb small mouuth bass with some string on a stick, no bs. fell asleep at 2:30 am, 3:30 hours of sleep.
Friday: horseback riding, shot 50 cal rifles, went back to camp, shot pistols as fast as possible, had steak and patatoes for dinner.
Today, saturday: got up and left. 9 hours in a car back to the stl.

1 silver dime, lost 1 silver quarter.
So, what did I miss this week?
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: what did I miss?

Postby penny pretty » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:16 pm

you misssed FREE 1909vdbs to everyone that wasnt on vacation! hope the steak was good!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:32 pm

Sounds fun. I did Philmont but never canoeing in SD. The boy is 8, perhaps I'll put this one on our wish list in about 5 years.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby stlouiscoin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:47 pm

it was somewhat fun... it could have a been a little better though
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby wheeler_dealer » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Are you kidding? What you experienced was PRICELESS I would give anything to have shared an experience like that with my son.
13 year scout leader with too many miles on my old bones and not enough nights in a bag under the stars. Son aged out with out EAGLE wouldn't trade my experience with scouts for anything. Son did Philmont last year in. Bet those are lifetime memories.?!
SCOUTING BUILDS CHARACTER. Support them.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:49 am

You can't have it all. You have to choose where & what you will do with your life. It sounds like you made a very good choice!! ;) Awesome!

I was in Scouting from 8 to 18. When my kids got old enough, put in another 10 years as an adult Scouter. At first it was incredible fun! Then, as time went by, it became a grind. I dropped out.

Congrats on the great week! May you keep the joy of Scouting in your heart always!

Oh, BTW, when can I expect my 1909vdb in the mail? :mrgreen:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:15 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:You can't have it all. You have to choose where & what you will do with your life. It sounds like you made a very good choice!! ;) Awesome!

I was in Scouting from 8 to 18. When my kids got old enough, put in another 10 years as an adult Scouter. At first it was incredible fun! Then, as time went by, it became a grind. I dropped out.

Congrats on the great week! May you keep the joy of Scouting in your heart always!

What?? What do you mean I can't have it ALL? Isn't that the point of collecting pennies? :lol:

My nephew became an Eagle scout a couple of months ago. I sure was proud of him, achieving all of those badges in such a short amount of time (by age 15)
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby penny pretty » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:36 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:You can't have it all. You have to choose where & what you will do with your life. It sounds like you made a very good choice!! ;) Awesome!

sorry I am on vacation :D
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing