Challenge: How much $ in PM could you hold on you at once?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Challenge: How much $ in PM could you hold on you at once?

Postby Day9 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:40 pm

Here is a thought experiment for those of you that are interested.

I have two questions/challenges:

1.) How much value in PM could you hold on your person at one time, without resorting to cars, wheelbarrows, etc. You have to be able to walk.

2.) How much value in PM could you hold on your person while still looking normal i.e. how much could you conceal on your person? I'd imagine this is a different answer than #1!
Day9

Re: Challenge: How much $ in PM could you hold on you at onc

Postby barrytrot » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:43 pm

I say video your "response" to this challenge. I would be interested to see how much the winner can hold.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:31 pm

I should think you could rather easily carry $1,000,000 in gold (632 oz) if you taped them around your waist and torso, and legs as needed. That's forty pounds... and probably wouldn't be very comfortable to wear for long... particularly if the border crossing guards decided to get frisky :shock: :? :lol:

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:26 pm

beauanderos wrote:I should think you could rather easily carry $1,000,000 in gold (632 oz) if you taped them around your waist and torso, and legs as needed. That's forty pounds... and probably wouldn't be very comfortable to wear for long...

I will gladly demonstrate the ease with which I can carry the million in gold. Just provide me with the gold and I will demonstrate. Furthermore, I will demonstrate the speed at which I can run with your 632oz. Bet you could not catch me :lol: :lol:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Oh, do diamonds count? Or numi stuff? That could make carrying much easier with the right stuff. I know that you are probably just talking bullion though.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby avidbrandy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:00 pm

Can I wear a backpack? Backpacks are normal. At least until they tear from the weight of gold.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby dannan14 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:40 am

barrytrot wrote:I say video your "response" to this challenge. I would be interested to see how much the winner can hold.

i can hold a lot more than i own hehe.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals