Mini Documentary [7:26] about a man who sorts Dimes

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Mini Documentary [7:26] about a man who sorts Dimes

Postby Day9 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:08 pm

This was popular on Reddit.com and really brought our hobby into the mainstream. I think the way he can quickly sort dimes by looking at the rim is the most efficient way to sort using only your hands and eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLSTXGmBaT4
Day9

Re: Mini Documentary [7:26] about a man who sorts Dimes

Postby avidbrandy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:25 pm

Welcome!

I just saw this on Reddit today. http://www.reddit.com/r/asmr/comments/w ... f_dollars/
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PolishPunisher » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:15 pm

I love reading comments on articles like this. People just can't understand that each of us is interested in different things.
PolishPunisher
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NHsorter » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:54 pm

Yeah, here is a good comment from the link:
I know people who do this don't think it's a big deal to steal from the government. But who's money do they think paid for that silver and the coins that will replace them?
Wow! Except it's your money, not the governments, and they are the ones stealing it from us. I could bust out a huge rant on this right now, but y'all already know how it goes.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby lance » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:06 pm

NHsorter wrote:Yeah, here is a good comment from the link:
I know people who do this don't think it's a big deal to steal from the government. But who's money do they think paid for that silver and the coins that will replace them?
Wow! Except it's your money, not the governments, and they are the ones stealing it from us. I could bust out a huge rant on this right now, but y'all already know how it goes.

Right! People are fools!
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby scyther » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Wow. Sadly I'm not even surprised. Maybe they'll accuse us of debasing the currency next :roll:
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheba » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:37 pm

[quote="NHsorter"]Yeah, here is a good comment from the link:

My, my ... what twisted thinking.

I picked up a $25.00 box of pennies from a bank to day. I gave the teller 25.00 of paper which he accepted as legal tender. So where did I 'steal' anything, even if 50-75% of that box of pennies are copper? What if I find a silver dime in one of the rolls? How am I a thief stealing from the government. :shock:

And people who think they are intelligent enough to make comments, write such things like this. "Good grief, Charlie Brown!!!" :D
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby jacer333 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Welcome to the forum Day9! Head on over to the introductions forum so we can get to know you better :)
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:49 am

Sheba wrote:What if I find a silver dime in one of the rolls? How am I a thief stealing from the government. :shock:

IMHO, you took back what was rightfully yours in the form of constitutional coinage. If anyone is guilty of theft, it would be the government through debasement of our currency.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Numis Pam » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:32 pm

This is an interesting vid and lots of very interesting comments here...
Last edited by Numis Pam on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Numis Pam » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:33 pm

Engineer wrote:
Sheba wrote:What if I find a silver dime in one of the rolls? How am I a thief stealing from the government. :shock:

IMHO, you took back what was rightfully yours in the form of constitutional coinage. If anyone is guilty of theft, it would be the government through debasement of our currency.

+1
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals