When a silly little thing makes the day...

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

When a silly little thing makes the day...

Postby Matt B » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:15 pm

I stopped at a convenience store for an iced tea this afternoon. The owner/operator was quite congenial as he handed me 31 cents in change. A second later I realized the cent was a wheatie and something told me there were more. I turned back and asked him for he could "make change for my dime" and he said he only had 7 pennies left. I made the trade for those precious wheaties. The lone bright spot in an otherwise glum workday. ;)
Matt B
Penny Pincher Member

Re: When a silly little thing makes the day...

Postby Sheba » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:19 pm

It would be an especially bright spot if one of the wheaties was a 1914 D or a 1909 SVDB or a 1955 double die .... or a .... :D Congrats on a having a pretty good say afterall.
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby jacer333 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:58 pm

Congrats....it's the little things like this that pop up and brighten your day that make this hobby so great :)
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby penny pretty » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:04 am

ya should have bought another tea and made him crack open another roll( they HAD to have more)
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:02 am

Good move on going back for the rest. I think you are learning something hangin' out here. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Matt B » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:38 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:I think you are learning something hangin' out here. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I'm learning how to hide flat rate boxes of pennies with the other mailing supplies so my wife doesn't realize how many are full! :D
Matt B
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing