Estate Sale Find

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Estate Sale Find

Postby Franco American » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi - I found a sterling silver spoon today at a local estate sale. It is marked sterling and weighs 35.5 gms. I paid $.25 for it. Not a bad deal eh? I guess if you look at enough junk you find something every now and then
Franco American
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Estate Sale Find

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:35 am

Franco American wrote:Hi - I found a sterling silver spoon today at a local estate sale. It is marked sterling and weighs 35.5 gms. I paid $.25 for it. Not a bad deal eh? I guess if you look at enough junk you find something every now and then

You got that right.....same with boxes of pennies!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby bman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:56 am

NICE!!! :mrgreen:
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CWS » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:10 am

Nice find. I have yet to score big at an estate sale for items other than coins.
CWS

Postby SilverChaser111 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:24 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:
Franco American wrote:Hi - I found a sterling silver spoon today at a local estate sale. It is marked sterling and weighs 35.5 gms. I paid $.25 for it. Not a bad deal eh? I guess if you look at enough junk you find something every now and then

You got that right.....same with boxes of pennies!

I have no patience for pennies... kudos to anyone willing to search those things! I'll stick with halves, quarters, and sometimes dimes. Even dimes are taxing if you don't get the ones in clear rolls. My hands start to ache after like 10 rolls cuz they're just too small to deal with...
SilverChaser111
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals