when will you stop?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: when will you stop?

Postby NHsorter » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:08 pm

I don't think it would be hard to get it for under spot. Places around here pay in the $2.00 range right now. They probably sell it for $2.50 to a big yard that actually processes it. If I could talk them into selling it to me for $2.50 it would be worthwhile I think. Might offer to pay in silver to get their attention. I don't have a problem replacing the silver at spot. Just a thought. I could be way off, but I am still going to give it a shot just to see.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Numis Pam » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:30 pm

NHsorter wrote:I don't think it would be hard to get it for under spot. Places around here pay in the $2.00 range right now. They probably sell it for $2.50 to a big yard that actually processes it. If I could talk them into selling it to me for $2.50 it would be worthwhile I think. Might offer to pay in silver to get their attention. I don't have a problem replacing the silver at spot. Just a thought. I could be way off, but I am still going to give it a shot just to see.

I find this idea interesting. Have you had any success yet? I am wondering what some cheaper forms of copper are that most people probably dont want laying around and are used to getting rid of or even trashing maybe cause they don't know any better? With all the 'stuff' -(junk) we have laying around out on our land, I bet a lot of it is probably copper or other salvageable metals and I just dont recognize it as such. If this is the wrong area to post these thoughts , someone let me know what area I should re post it to......
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby drummermatt » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:21 pm

I will keep doing it until the rest of the general public get wise, start doing it themselves, and make it no longer worth it to keep up the search. But like another poster said, even silver is still around in circulation albeit in small quantities, so it could be awhile!
drummermatt

Postby Copper Catcher » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:09 am

You stop when it is not fun anymore! :)
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby reddirtcoins » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:32 am

I might stop when I get a ton of wheats. maybe.... :?: ;)
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby mrrosado » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:46 pm

I'll stop once I raise the $10k I need for my church's World Youth Day trip or whenever I notice that their is no profit in selling copper pennies. Which ever comes first.
I like collecting Gold and Silver. I prefer the Silver stuff. God Bless You.

My website: http://www.fatherrosado.com
follow me on Twitter:https://twitter.com/FatherRosadoNY
mrrosado
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing