Anybody notice their Brink cent boxes Cu% improving?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Anybody notice their Brink cent boxes Cu% improving?

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:16 pm

There was a time, maybe 4 months or more, ago, when I picked up some plastic roll Brinks penny boxes and they were all zincolns. I thought it was due to the high$$ ongoing cent sorting going on by a certain individual out of NC. I picked up a Brinks box the other day and the percentage of copper in it was decent. Possibly the copper is coming back to the Brinks boxes? Mind you, I was doing the paper rolled bank boxes of pennies these past months and had good percentages. So, is it safe to go full bore again with Brinks in your opinion?
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Anybody notice their Brink cent boxes Cu% improving?

Postby stlouiscoin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:14 am

idk. youd have to ordersome to be sure. the box might just have been sitting in the back of the bank or cu for a few months... on bank i go to had boxes for a year and a half.
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tinhorn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:15 am

Yes, I'd noticed the same thing a few months ago. I had guessed that their order was filled, but I recently read somewhere that the order was cancelled.
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby iatetacos » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:31 am

oh? well i picked up $600 face in brinks boxes a week ago and managed to pull $150 in copper, $4 in dimes, $2 in wheat. i would say theres nothing wrong with the brinks boxes around here =)
iatetacos
Penny Pincher Member

Postby theshoenlebens » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:32 am

Been doing terrible for months with Brinks till last week. $50 worth and $23 worth of copper in them. :D
Hoping it continues but I'll know more when I get another $50 tomorrow.
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:10 pm

tinhorn wrote:Yes, I'd noticed the same thing a few months ago. I had guessed that their order was filled, but I recently read somewhere that the order was cancelled.

Yes, the order they had is no longer around so they aren't sorting the copper out at the moment.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing