twice in the past month I have gotten a box of all

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

twice in the past month I have gotten a box of all

Postby goldteam » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:09 am

2012's

the entire box is 2012....they are pretty because they are all new

is there any reason to hang on to these?
goldteam

Re: twice in the past month I have gotten a box of all

Postby JerrySpringer » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:33 am

Hold onto them unless you need the $$ otherwise to buy coins. You can always spend them later anyway. I guess having near BU quality 2012 cents is not a bad thing to have in a collection, especially if the penny gets debased again with another metal formulation or just completely stopped in production soon? Look at this way, you have nearly 15 pounds of zinc bullion with that box :) .
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:07 am

JerrySpringer wrote:Hold onto them unless you need the $$ otherwise to buy coins. You can always spend them later anyway. I guess having near BU quality 2012 cents is not a bad thing to have in a collection, especially if the penny gets debased again with another metal formulation or just completely stopped in production soon? Look at this way, you have nearly 15 pounds of zinc bullion with that box :) .

Thankfully this has only happened to me a few times, but when it did, the same questions crossed my mind. Truthfully though, I'm so motivated to accumulate more copper..it didn't take me long to cash them back in so I could buy more rolls to sort.

One thing I have found though is that I'm more likely to get all zincs if I ask for a box, as opposed to just requesting "as many rolls as you have available" ;)
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Postby everything » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:03 pm

I had them too, but for some reason 2012 are hard to find again and I see very few. I kept a gallon of them, but I'm going to go through them and just keep a couple of rolls. I stored them in glass so they look pretty cool, but I don't need that many of them.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheba » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:54 pm

I'm seeing a lot of 2012 D Zincolns ... just a very few 2012 P's.
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby stlouiscoin » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:10 am

agree with you sheba... I put about $30 worth away of unc's and only had about $3 worth until I got half a box of p's.
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:54 pm

Ha! I should have put one of my questions about 2012's in this thread! Silly me. :lol:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby robroy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:37 am

In my area I have seen more boxes of 2012 and few boxes of 2012d. But on the other hand from time to time I do see rolls containing some 2012d and have built rolls for my purposes. I'm also seeing rolls containing some 2011 and 2010 in real good shape. So I feel that there is still some bu available on a random basis if you want to build your own rolls of bu. There's not as many as they're once were, but they are out there.

But the question remains as to how many you want to want to save. The answer there is up to you.
Don't look back. Something may be gaining on you.

Neither a penny or a nickel is worth face value anymore.

I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger.
robroy
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing