Some noob questions here.

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Some noob questions here.

Postby Pij17 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi, how's it goin' guys? I'll start off by showing my appreciation for a site like this. Had no idea anything like this existed until I started messing around with silver bullion. Anyways, I hand sort pennies lookin' for everything you guys are looking for. In my insatiable thirst for more knowledge on the subject, I've run into a few questions that I couldn't find answers to. What is a CTU(I'm pretty sure its 100$ FV of Cu). What is an NF string roll (pictures would be awesome if anyone has em). There was another question I wanted to ask, but its evading me right now, and I need to go to work. Thanks for having an awesome site and community from what I've seen from lurking, and thanks in advance guys!
Pij17

Re: Some noob questions here.

Postby jcz1 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Wondering about the CTU myself, but I can help out on the other question.

Back when the 2009 commemorative cents came out, everyone was buying/selling rolls on the bay. N.F. String and Sons makes wrappers (you've probably seen them, mostly white with red on each end). These commanded a premium to other wrappers, such as Brinks, or the plastic wrap.
jcz1

Postby silverflake » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Welcome to the site to both of you!

Correct me if I am wrong fellow realcenters but a CTU is a Copper Trade Unit - usually a $100 lot of copper cents.

Hoped this helped. Enjoy the site.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby RichardPenny43 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Welcome to Realcent!

You are correct, a CTU (Copper Trade Unit) is $100 face Cu.

This is a N.F. String & Son roll

I'm sure all your penny questions can be answered here.
Be sure to use the search bar in the upper right hand corner ;)
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby jacer333 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:12 pm

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to ask anything that is unfamiliar, we were all just dipping our feet into the pool at one time or another :D
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Pij17 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:15 am

Thanks guys. Also, on a side note, I collect liberty walking halves. So if anyone comes across any MS common dates, send me a pm. I will be interested.
Pij17

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing