Score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby tebam11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:43 pm

Just stopped in a shop to look and see what they had. Had some really worn out morgans and peace dollars. So,,,,,,, I thought I would just ask a price and see what they come up with. I'm figuring a shop that trades the stuff would be spot on price, so in the 23/24 dollar range. they were worn so maybe a bit under that. Well, to my delight I was quoted 18.00 each. I bought the 21 coins he had.
tebam11

Re: Score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby wayne1956 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:23 pm

What you might think about the next time is after he quotes you a price, hesitate for a second or so and ask if that is the best he can do (maybe even ask what he might could do if you bought them all). If he says that is the best he can do, ponder for a second (for appearances sake) and buy them anyway. If he gives you a better price, then you come out better.
wayne1956
Penny Pincher Member

Postby justoneguy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:35 pm

[quote="wayne1956"]What you might think about the next time is after he quotes you a price, hesitate for a second or so and ask if that is the best he can do (maybe even ask what he might could do if you bought them all). If he says that is the best he can do, ponder for a second (for appearances sake) and buy them anyway. If he gives you a better price, then you come out better.[/q

I like the way that you think.
on some large purchases, I've even had freinds make some low ball offers,
to make the seller think my offer was the best he could get. :twisted:
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:16 pm

tebam11 wrote:Just stopped in a shop to look and see what they had. Had some really worn out morgans and peace dollars. So,,,,,,, I thought I would just ask a price and see what they come up with. I'm figuring a shop that trades the stuff would be spot on price, so in the 23/24 dollar range. they were worn so maybe a bit under that. Well, to my delight I was quoted 18.00 each. I bought the 21 coins he had.

Wow, you got a great deal on those Chinese counterfeits! :lol: j.k. nice score.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby HPMBTT » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:18 pm

Congrats. Assuming they aren't fake Chinese counterfeits (lol), that is a very good price. I would have bought them for that.
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tebam11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:06 pm

Has anybody actually seen or held (not bought i hope) these fakes?
tebam11

Postby tebam11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:08 pm

Also, I forgot to say!!!!!! Just had a 25 dollar per coin offer on the ones I bought for 18. Not sure if I'm goona take it or wait till spot goes to 33. Hmmmmmm--------????????????????
tebam11

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:11 pm

tebam11 wrote:Also, I forgot to say!!!!!! Just had a 25 dollar per coin offer on the ones I bought for 18. Not sure if I'm goona take it or wait till spot goes to 33. Hmmmmmm--------????????????????

$25 bucks each.......take the deal.....Heck I have a nice lot that I would turn at $25 each shipped 8-)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby HPMBTT » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Rodebaugh is right...take the deal. At 21 coins times $7 immediate profit per coin, that's $147 profit, which you can then turn into a free (almost) five ounces of silver. :) And hey, be smart now and tuck those extra five free rounds away...don't be a fool and spend the FRNs on [shucks] you don't need.
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tebam11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:53 pm

I'm not having a great place to buy .999 right now. Everybody I deal with right now is wanting premiums even on the basic circulated rounds. Not as much as on the eagles and such, but still about 31.50 to 32.00 is where I'm having to buy at. I did have one place sell me some 2009 Christmas rounds at spot the other day. I might just check with him and see if he will still sell at spot to me, if so, go and sell mine for the 25/per and get a few more of the .999 freebies
tebam11

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals