So You Say You Don't Believe The Silver Market is Rigged?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

So You Say You Don't Believe The Silver Market is Rigged?

Postby beauanderos » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:08 am

check out the minute by minute action today... and the volume spikes (downwards :x )

http://netdania.com/Products/live-strea ... ame=Silver

Looks to me like they're gonna try to take it down to $29.50 or so.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: So You Say You Don't Believe The Silver Market is Rigged

Postby brian0918 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:14 am

C'mon $29.15!!!
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:28 am

Gold went a little nutty too.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Slaphot » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:33 am

US market is closed on Monday. TPTB love to take AG down on those days.
Slaphot
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am

Sell off in advance of the FOMC remarks, and the over-reaction the other way when the Bernanke allowed as how they are going to do "something", then when realization set in that there was still nothing specific on the table both PMs have been settling back to more or less where they've been the past few days.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby brian0918 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:47 am

And silver has shot straight back up - is that also "silver manipulation"? Or does this "manipulation" only happen to occur when silver drops in price?

Gold made the exact same moves - is gold not being "manipulated", but silver is? Or are they both?
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:11 am

68Camaro wrote:Sell off in advance of the FOMC remarks, and the over-reaction the other way when the Bernanke allowed as how they are going to do "something", then when realization set in that there was still nothing specific on the table both PMs have been settling back to more or less where they've been the past few days.

... and then they realize that the Bernank is saying after all that the economy really sucks, so PMs look better than some other things...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:12 am

I am a believer in formal market manipulation, but think this morning was just an excellent example of market timers trying to out-guess each other.
68Camaro

Postby tedandcam » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:26 am

If the market can close above 31.20 i've heard that it will hit 34.00 or so before it begins to consolidate again. Getting close to that mark as I speak...31.09! Any educated thoughts on this? I'm not real savy on the technical side of things.
tedandcam
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:30 am

brian0918 wrote:And silver has shot straight back up - is that also "silver manipulation"? Or does this "manipulation" only happen to occur when silver drops in price?

Gold made the exact same moves - is gold not being "manipulated", but silver is? Or are they both?

Whoopie! :mrgreen: I love it when I'm wrong :shifty:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby NHsorter » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:32 am

It's the greatest thing about being a pessimist. At least when you are wrong, things are going good! :thumbup:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rockme54 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:59 pm

Myself, I just love it when metals are going up, except when I'm trying to buy a lot!
rockme54

Postby coppertop1982 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:27 pm

yes I think it's rigged

When I suddenly see silver "newsflashes" about it going down or continuing to go down or having a bad month, week etc and I suddenly keep seeing these "newsflashes" I know its time to BUY!!
(while very1 else is in a panic to sell it (after all the news says its bad right! hah sell sell sell!)

and its pretty ironic that , oh how IRONIC , it is usually weeks or a month or so later it spikes up a few bucks HAH
Its funny how the world works. People buy when it goes up , when you should be buying when it goes down and every1 is panicking
Sell it when its climbing high and every1 wants it

then just wait for the corrections, its ok to sell it once it starts to plateu, but know the market wil lbe saturated and every1 else will be trying to sell it and people won't be buying to much as its not moving! so that means neither ar they , they ar in a holding pattern// wait for it to correct and buy it low
Pretty much just do what the opposite of the mainstream media says if they start to "promote" it too much

Its pretty funny what you can see if you just watch the media and follow what the metal is actually doing
coppertop1982
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals