housing mania VS' PM mania

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: housing mania VS' PM mania

Postby Rexor » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:49 pm

I agree with those blaming loose credit for the housing boom. Unless everyone starts taking out loans to buy up PMs it probably won't hit that level. Though any "mania" on the surface may look similar.
Rexor

Postby 97guns » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Pennysaved wrote:I am a landlord and the rental market is definitely stronger this year vs '08 and '09.

People are scared to buy or they have such bad credit that they can't buy.

Some people say rich people invest in things that the general public are too scared to invest in.

Maybe real estate would be one of those investments?

Granted I would much rather invest in precious metals than real estate right now.

But I would prefer any hard asset (real estate and precious metals) vs stocks, bonds, and other worthless paper.

cool another rental property owner, i also have rental properties and they have afforded me to retire at the age of 40. you for sure cant be a scared investor, i think rental property is a very good investment right now. the numbers work well in many markets.

i have a pm buddy that actually influenced me into pm's that can qualify for a loan with 5% down. i worked out the numbers for him and he would get his 5% down investment back in a short 2 years time. after that everything would be pure gravy, he's still scared and probably won't do it.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby camtender » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:41 pm

A house purchased for rental income is an asset.

A house purchased to live in is a liability (less the utility received for living in it).

One generates cash (or should be close to) the other takes cash and resources.

There is no better income than passive income.
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Postby .02FYI » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Children are a gift.
The chinese are in a communist planned society and have less than 10 percent of our per capita gross income.
But they have few kids . The population is aging.
Forced savings in depreciaing yuan paper currencies is doomed as well. All paper currencies go to their intrinic value. 0
The savings would not offset the blessings lost in old age when the kids share the load taking care of you.
.02FYI
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:34 am

Pennysaved wrote:When inflation hits, everything will go up in value including real estate.

No it won't. Real Estate is still overvalued but can't drop further or everyone will default....so Ben is inflating everything else up so to match. It's the same loss of equity, but magnified because you'll be taxed on purported "gains" on real assets that are actually not gaining but rather holding constant value.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby AGgressive Metal » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Bob Chapman said today that only 0.8% of Americans own mining stocks. In 1980 it was over 20%. The bull market has not even begun.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby misteroman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:00 am

I'm actually going to try and sell one of my rental properties I have that's paid for and buy all AG and CU with the proceeds. I'll trade for it to if anyone is interested!!!!
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals