PM Rally

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: PM Rally

Postby beauanderos » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:56 am

brian0918 wrote:Silver just shot up a dollar in the last few minutes! Gold up $14!

The ratio is now down to 50.40 - better get your entries in for the contest, which closes when the ratio hits 50.00: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=18249

would be nice if we could hold these gains and build on them :mrgreen: and... thx for the contest :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:57 am

Gold and silver are both poised for explosive price activity.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby brian0918 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:28 am

Jonflyfish wrote:Gold and silver are both poised for explosive price activity.
Cheers!

Now, is that an explosion upward or downward? :P
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:35 am

brian0918 wrote:
Cheers!

Now, is that an explosion upward or downward? :P

+1
beauanderos

Postby Country » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:17 am

Cheers!

Sure looks so. Just look at the violent swings we've been getting lately in the morning. There is a dogged battle between longs and shorts; sort of like boxers exchanging blows. Someone is about to get KO'd. Which one? :shifty:

As Johnfly says: "Manage your risk".
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 am

The word implode exists in the English language for a dramatic downward movement.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:12 am

shinnosuke wrote:The word implode exists in the English language for a dramatic downward movement.
:D Give it a minute. I got a feeling on this one. I still think today will be good. I'm going out guns blazing anyway.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:45 am

IMPLODE ... OR... EXPLODE ?

I'm betting on EXPLODE!!
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:09 am

Country wrote:IMPLODE ... OR... EXPLODE ?

I'm betting on EXPLODE!!

Well... the forces that be are doing all they can to damp the wicks and prevent the firecrackers from going off :?
beauanderos

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:11 am

NHsorter wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:The word implode exists in the English language for a dramatic downward movement.
:D Give it a minute. I got a feeling on this one. I still think today will be good. I'm going out guns blazing anyway.

Sorry. Didn't explain well enough. I meant that if Jon meant a downward movement, he could have said implosion instead of explosion. I think it's going up, too.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby mflugher » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:33 pm

Not looking like we are going to see any explosions or implosions today, however the shorts seem to have edged out a bit...

Still waiting for a bargain, as I'm currently all out. I'm revising my bargain price from $32 to $33.50 though. The shorts have been cut off quite a bit in the last 3 weeks since QE3...

Strikes in SA seem to be keeping the Plat/Pd movements in the positive though. Might be a short opportunity there. Any thoughts?
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:27 pm

An implosion is used via a spherical shaped charge to highly compress a smaller, inner sphere of plutonium into a density high enough to attain critical mass. Then the REAL explosion occurs.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:09 am

Meanwhile, gold is $1781.80 and silver is $34.81 right now. Can silver get and stay above $35 tomorrow in the NY market?
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:42 am

It shouldn't be much longer now. This has been the mother of all price compressions. Enjoy the fireworks.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:51 am

Guaranteed to go straight to the moon now. I made a deal to buy a car with silver at $34.59/oz. It will probably be north of $40 before I close the deal mid-day on Friday.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby mflugher » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:39 am

Ok a mini ctu or a 4 40% halves to whomever wants to spend a few hours on skype (or phone) with me explaining what JFFs crazy looking charts mean, how to read them, what I'm looking for etc...

Regardless I'm going in some today if I can buy a relative bargain, its been almost a month and every short attempt has been thwarted, frankly I thought JPmorgan et al could do better than $33.75 with $40bln of extra capital a month...

Also its about time to make my monthly buy of phys. Got some good deals this month :D a nice pile of $20xface junk, a few $1 war nicks, and a small pile of pre 33 us gold @ 2% premium and locked at $1730ish :D

Got a chunk around 70 oz of generic .999 silver in 1/2 to 5 oz sizes I'm looking to sell too, if anyone wants to get in let me know what you are willing to pay via pm. Not really feeling like posting a BIN at these prices but I might strike a quick deal if it comes along.

Time to do some buying guys :D
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Postby slvrbck » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:18 am

I'm thinking if we can bust through 35 it might be a hop and a skip to damn close to 40. Any thoughts
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby mflugher » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:22 am

slvrbck wrote:I'm thinking if we can bust through 35 it might be a hop and a skip to damn close to 40. Any thoughts

I'm not a tech analyst, but I think you would have to beat 36 to show a true uptrend. We already saw 35.50 last month.
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Postby brian0918 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:07 am

Gold's been up today, but silver not so much, leaving the ratio unchanged. I would expect silver to do some catching up, driving the ratio lower.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:14 am

Despite a trend of slow increase, the "move" hasn't happened yet. Beileve we're going to see a fast $50-$100 move in gold happen within a day or two, and a $3+ move in silver, with more to come after that. Gold to end up at 2000+ during this and silver in the upper 40s if not past 50.

Intermediate and open question remaining: will this move be sustained, with more to come over months, or is this a blip, with a dip to follow, before the next real big move? I tend to think its the big move, but don't rule out one more dip. I can't do much more about it, as I'm close to all in now, unless and until more funds come in. Will be watching for possible dip to sell some paper in advance of it to rebuy later.

Regardless, I believe the upward pressure continues, long-term. I don't believe we'll see $25 silver again, maybe not $30, for any significant buyable time period. I was wrong before (I was on record as not believing we would breach $30 last fall), but I'll be less and less likely to be wrong on this as time marches on.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby slvrbck » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:53 am

I feel that 50 and 2000 are huge resistance levels (and will be strong floors in the future). I just dont see us bustin through yet. Hope im wrong.
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby brian0918 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:39 pm

68Camaro wrote:I don't believe we'll see $25 silver again, maybe not $30, for any significant buyable time period.

Funny, I'm still finding buyable silver at $1.40/oz. :mrgreen:
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:55 pm

brian0918 wrote:
68Camaro wrote:I don't believe we'll see $25 silver again, maybe not $30, for any significant buyable time period.

Funny, I'm still finding buyable silver at $1.40/oz. :mrgreen:

Bla bla bla. Hope that glory continues for you. More than willing to buy that 90% from you at 20x! :)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:26 pm

The above was a joke - if it translated poorly - the phone makes editing a bit difficult.

Someone is and has been defending the $35 line in silver really hard. We've popped past it a couple of times in the past week or two to be driven down hard. But today, 4 times already, it's popped over, and been beaten back. However, the resistance seems to be fading, and the support strong.

The 1770-ish gold line in the sand seems to have given way, and they are trying to figure out where to re-trench. 1790s somewhere, no doubt, as $1800 gold again would be bigger news.
68Camaro

Postby fb101 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:40 pm

I'm long for both, and if this ain't popping tomorrow, I'll get longer.
fb101

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals