Millions of ounces of REGISTERED silver withdrawn!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Millions of ounces of REGISTERED silver withdrawn!

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:48 pm

From SilverDoctors....Last Friday we updated readers of an astonishing 3.6 million ounce REGISTERED silver withdrawal from Brink’s COMEX vaults.

The physical silver drain continued Tuesday, as a massive 1.2 million additional REGISTERED ounces were withdrawn- again from Brink’s vaults!!

This brings the total to nearly 5 million ounces of REGISTERED silver withdrawn from a SINGLE COMEX DEPOSITORY in the span of 3 days! This is approximately 25% of Brink’s entire REGISTERED inventory, and 12% of the entire COMEX REGISTERED SILVER INVENTORY!!!

This brings the total COMEX registered silver inventory down to 36.8 million ounces. Clearly there is a MASSIVE DEMAND for physical silver as the cartel hammers the paper price to prevent a breakout above $35, and extreme physical tightness among the cartel bullion banks!

Read more at: http://www.silverdoctors.com/5-million- ... more-15651
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Millions of ounces of REGISTERED silver withdraw!

Postby BamaJoe » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:51 pm

If that keeps up it could get rather interesting.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Millions of ounces of REGISTERED silver withdrawn!

Postby slvrbck » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:20 pm

So. . . does anyone know where claims like this can be substantiated? I dont know anything about silverdoctors, but its rather obvious where their interest lies. I always have to question the articles on coinflation by goldseek and such as they appear to be sooooo biased. Just seems lik alot of propaganda on both ends. I just keep stackin, slow and steady.
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby slvrbck » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:22 pm

Ohh yeah and could someone with more market knowledge than myself please explain what this actually means???
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:37 am

http://harveyorgan.blogspot.com/ Harvey Organ is someone who posts daily and follows what is moving in and out of the COMEX vaults as they report it. So the numbers appear to be real.

What this means in short is that a lot of physical silver is being demanded...How much of the real stuff is left in the vaults is questionable. The more folks demand the physical and not accept paper settlements the more interesting this game becomes.
Copper Catcher

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 am

Wynter Benton and crew at work?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby slickeast » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:35 am

All I was doing was adding to my stack. I didn't know it would be such a big deal
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:38 am

slickeast wrote:All I was doing was adding to my stack. I didn't know it would be such a big deal

:thumbup: Keep it up! :D
Copper Catcher

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:40 am

slickeast wrote:All I was doing was adding to my stack. I didn't know it would be such a big deal

+1
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:04 am

With a stack that large, from the top, it is downhill all the way to anywhere in the world!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 am

Silver & Signs of an Outright "Comex Default"
Written by Tom Cloud of National Numismatic Associates & John Rubin
Tuesday, 16 October 2012 08:27
Precious metals are correcting and rumors are swirling around Comex silver. It’s been an interesting couple of days for silver, with a big Comex draw-down being followed by a sizable price drop.

"Late Friday afternoon a big client of JP Morgan requested delivery of 3.6 million ounces, which is 17% of all the registered inventory of silver (assuming it’s all really there). But only 1.6 million ounces were reported moved. A lot of people are asking where the rest of it is. If it wasn’t immediately available and the client allowed JP Morgan to move it in pieces, that’s another sign of very tight supply".

"There is 100 times as much silver paper [in the form of futures contracts] as there is physical, which means a lot more people think they own silver than there is silver in the world. At some point someone will be left out. If 17% of Comex inventory is taken out in one move, then you don’t need that many more big players to take delivery to see this thing fall apart."

http://moneytalks.net/topics/precious-m ... aultq.html
Copper Catcher

Postby slvrbck » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Thanks catcher. Makes sense. Sounds like this is exactly what Benton was beating their drums about. Sounds like they have some inside information and were expecting a big bounce. Not quite sure why there wasn't a bounce but oh well.
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby slvrbck » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Correct me I'm wrong but since silver price is based on all physical AND paper then this transfer into physical has a net effect of 0. However this could be equated to a sale of paper and "purchase" of physical theoretically putting significantly more strain on the physical/paper spread. If these Benton people truly do know something would you say it's possible to see another major delivery here soon. Say tomorrow maybe. They claim we will see fireworks and I don't think it ends until 10/26
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:48 pm

slvrbck wrote:Correct me I'm wrong but since silver price is based on all physical AND paper then this transfer into physical has a net effect of 0. However this could be equated to a sale of paper and "purchase" of physical theoretically putting significantly more strain on the physical/paper spread. If these Benton people truly do know something would you say it's possible to see another major delivery here soon. Say tomorrow maybe. They claim we will see fireworks and I don't think it ends until 10/26

I guess anything is possible...I'll break out my sparklers when I see the light! ;)
Copper Catcher

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Well, I'll just keep adding to my stack, slowly but surely. No matter what happens. No paper silver for me, thanks!
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:06 pm

slvrbck wrote:Ohh yeah and could someone with more market knowledge than myself please explain what this actually means???

It's not that complicated when you think of it as a bank for silver. A few large withdrawls here and there aren't anything to worry about, but if it turns into a run on the bank things won't be pretty.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:28 pm

So explain to me why silver price dropped.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:51 pm

Tourney64 wrote:So explain to me why silver price dropped.

Slowdown in China, weak Google report, etc. Lots of stuff went down today, and they even halted trading on Google after close to a 10% drop.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:10 pm

But if all this paper silver was converted to physical silver, and there is a shortage, shouldn't price have risen?
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:08 pm

If the shortage is smaller than the macroeconomic factors and level of market manipulation, the price can still fall. Likewise, it can also rise when there is ample supply.

As an example:
For several years the world was awash in oil, yet gas prices were still $3.00 and up. In the absence of market manipulation, gas prices should have dropped to $1.50. IMHO, the reason prices stayed up was because the Fed shoveled the TBTF banks money to bet in the commodity markets, and when that started to fall apart we suddenly needed to bomb Libya which in turn drove up north sea brent prices, and gave the refiners justification to base US gas prices on European prices rather than US demand.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals