PM Online dealers

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

PM Online dealers

Postby joeinnj » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:22 am

Whats the boards pro / con opinion of the varies online PM Dealers?
I've personally been loyal to Providence yet of late SilverTowne has been gaining my business.
SilverTowne has no additional charges for credit card use, free shipping and for 90% purchases they realy mix it up (Dimes, Quarters and Halfs) where-as Providences Junk deliveries have been Quarters n Quarters only.
Any other dealers I'm missing out there?
I realy appreciate SilverTownes no cc fee and mixing up the 90%
joeinnj

Re: PM Online dealers

Postby db23 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:30 am

You're missing 2 of the biggest dealers... Apmex & Gainesville Coins.
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Bluegill » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:45 am

joeinnj wrote:Whats the boards pro / con opinion of the varies online PM Dealers?
I've personally been loyal to Providence yet of late SilverTowne has been gaining my business.
SilverTowne has no additional charges for credit card use, free shipping and for 90% purchases they realy mix it up (Dimes, Quarters and Halfs) where-as Providences Junk deliveries have been Quarters n Quarters only.
Any other dealers I'm missing out there?
I realy appreciate SilverTownes no cc fee and mixing up the 90%

Oh, make no mistake about, you're paying an additional charge for C.C. use. Everybody who uses a C.C. anywhere does. It's rolled right into the price. Per the C.C issuers T.O.A., merchants cannot charge a fee for accepting said C.C. But, they cam offer discounts to those who don't force said merchant to incur that extra expense by using a C.C.

People make the mistake of confusing the offering of a discount to non C.C. users as an extra fee to those who do. Non C.C. customers are not creating an extra business expense for the merchant. By offering non C.C customers discounts they are merely passing the savings on to said customer.

As to your original question, there are several members here who sell on a regular basis. They would be worth looking into.
Bluegill
Post Hoarder

Postby joeinnj » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:55 am

I will keep an eye for member sales and thanks for the cc clarification.
I ordered yesterday from ST 20 Dollars Junk for 24.19x face which included shipping.
As far as Apmex and Gainsville I've heard of them yet my impression of Apmex has been it's good for large purchases, I'm usually a cpl Benjamins at a time customer.
Simple answer I guess is shop around n don't nec be loyal.
joeinnj

Postby creshka46 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:01 pm

If you're looking for REALLY big purchases, look at tulving. Super cheap but minimum orders are $1000 FV for junk or 500ozt for 999
Pennies: $4200 - (0) indians - (5)steel - (1) George V Canadian
Nickels: $6500 - (62)war - (23)buf - (1)V nic - (4) key date jeff's
Dimes: $5000 - (24)roos - (2)merc - (2)AgCAN
Halves: $8000 - (7)'64 - (33)40% - (1)walker
creshka46
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:49 pm

I used to really like Gainsville coins. Then I got a new coin with high premium with a broken clear plastic container and scratch along the face. I e-mailed them about it and never heard anything back. I have not bought from them since.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby mrrosado » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:52 pm

I've dealt with [url]jmbullion.com[/url] I like their challange to find someone who sells for less. The only down side I have found is that they don't sell copper (as of 10/22/12) and they don't have much of a selection.
I like collecting Gold and Silver. I prefer the Silver stuff. God Bless You.

My website: http://www.fatherrosado.com
follow me on Twitter:https://twitter.com/FatherRosadoNY
mrrosado
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby joeinnj » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:09 pm

SilverTowne's my new PM dealer darling. Love the free shipping (I know, it's factored into the price but seems to wash out. $5.95 $0-100 Order $8.95 101-199 etc.. for other dealers) yet still loyal to Providence for the occasional Gold purchase.

I dabled in the Copper thing also FatherRosado as I went through a faze of "If it's metal I collect it" but now kinda wish I hadn't bothered with Copper. (Besides the $800 face of pre 82 Lincolns rolled n in bankers boxes neatly tucked away)
joeinnj

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals